Arbor Research Collaborative for Health seeks a Technical Product Manager to manage new and existing internally developed software (that utilize complex data warehouses and/or web applications) and systems for the data collection, management, and dissemination of health outcomes research. Management of these projects will span the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), ranging from requirements gathering and specification to development and release. The successful individual will work with our product leadership, data services, and application development teams on facilitation, documentation, and execution of the product roadmap. The successful individual will apply their technical experience, product management background, project management skills, and industry knowledge to create product roadmaps and market strategies, as well as implementation work plans, and execution metrics.
Arbor Research Collaborative for Health, a not-for-profit organization located in Ann Arbor, MI, strives to improve clinical practices, patient outcomes, and health-related public policy through research projects in the United States and internationally. Our multidisciplinary teams of clinicians, biostatisticians, policy analysts, data and project managers, programmers, and other professionals share a passion for high-quality, evidence-based research and take pride in collective achievement. We seek to grow our diverse and dynamic staff to help us address the pressing health-care challenges of today and tomorrow.
More information about this opportunity and the benefit program at Arbor Research is available on the careers page at www.ArborResearch.org.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- For new and existing internally developed software and/or systems, work with the Product Owner, stakeholders, and IS Leadership to define specific product requirements, including development of a long-term vision for establishing sustainable product pipelines and appraisal of new product ideas and/or changes.
- Work with the developers and business analysts to create product specifications that meet functionality and technical goals, including opportunities for future growth and development, as well as re-use of existing software/application components.
- Work with the Product Owner, stakeholders, business development manager, and IS Leadership to develop an overall market strategy, including the strategic fit of internally developed products in the targeted markets and within Arbor Research, customer segmentation, comparison to competitors’ products, message/value proposition, pricing strategy, market strategy, and product life cycle management.
- Work with the business development manager and finance to collect and interpret market data relating to the competition, return on investment, price variables, and other relevant metrics for the successful development of the products and service offerings.
- Create and maintain project work plans and task-based resource estimates for activities focusing on information services and/or information technology development and implementation; monitor milestone accomplishment and budget/resource use; adjust work plans for contingencies and changing priorities. Contribute to the determination of benchmark figures for project implementation and decision documents for product and/or release.
- Estimate and negotiate resources for execution of the work plan with functional managers. Ensure a clear understanding of project objectives and timelines.
- Triage and manage the product or project’s bug and feature tickets across project teams and, as appropriate, across projects.
- Work directly with assigned project staff (of all functions) to ensure appropriate work plan understanding and progress.
- Provide customers and stakeholders (including investigators, area/program managers, and company technical leadership) with required project progress and budget reports, as appropriate or required for each audience.
- Assist functional managers in proactively identifying and solving business and technical problems related to information services and/or information technology development and implementation.
- Work with finance/accounting staff to manage financial aspects of the project work plan and deliverables, including creating budgets from work plans, managing expenditures consistent with project and organizational fiscal year budgets.
General administrative supervision is received from the Project Management Office Director. Close collaboration is expected with IS Leadership, functional managers, and staff members on the project team.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least eight (8) years progressively more responsible experience in a combination of project management (at least three (3) years) and product management (at least three (3) years) with an emphasis on healthcare information technology or data management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with principles of object-oriented application development, relational database structure, and user interface.
- Experience managing a formal software development lifecycle process
- Ability to understand difficult technical concepts and communicate (orally and in writing) with a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results.
- Experience in the direct and indirect management of large teams of people working toward complex goals.
- Experience in finance, financial modeling, and project management software.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite programs.
- Non-profit experience
- An understanding of biostatistical, technical programming, and clinical issues related to health care research in general
- Familiarity with management and analysis of large databases.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Visit http://www.arborresearch.org/Careers.aspx to apply. Job Applicants must submit a personalized cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
No Recruiters or Staffing Firms please
Arbor Research Collaborative for Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Arbor Research Collaborative for Health provides reasonable accommodation upon request, in accordance with State and Federal laws.
E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.