Providence is calling a Senior Project Manager to join the Information Services (IS) Portfolio and Project Management Office Infrastructure Team located in Renton, WA or Beaverton, OR.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for large, cross-functional infrastructure projects. Responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing multiple large technical projects that address the operational needs of multiple departments in order to deliver specified requirements meet customer satisfaction, on time, within budget and with quality results. The position ensures appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the project lifecycle.
In this position you will:
- Manage various projects and programs with increased complexity, strategic priority, and or visibility.
- Manage customer expectations, beginning with initial scope identification and through the project lifecycle.
- Effectively apply department methodologies and ensure all projects meet established standards.
- Build and manage multiple multi-functional, collaborative project and /or work teams
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across multiple locations
- Facilitate strategic planning with internal customers for deployment of infrastructure services and products.
- Proactively communicate with, inform and influence others to achieve success for assigned projects and programs.
- Develop and deliver presentations to management, senior leadership and other stakeholders
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation in support of project analysis and daily operations
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree, and 5 years related work experience, OR 10 years related work experience, or equivalent combination of education, experience and increasingly responsible performance of duties
- 8 or more years of progressively more responsible project management experience in comparable or larger institution including the management of PMO department, project and program managers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Passion for leading successful projects
- Experience leading technical projects of various degrees of difficulty through teamwork
- Project Management Certification through the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or a program recognized by the Project Management Institute (local or national group)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification
- Experience with creating and presenting executive level PowerPoint Presentation
- Experience with operational and capital project budgeting
- Fluent in MS Project
- Experience with Visio
About the department you will serve.
Providence Health and Services - Information Services (PHS IS) is the organization responsible for delivering technology solutions and support to Providence, Swedish, and aligned providers and clinics. The organization is critical for Providence to drive toward common clinical and administrative processes, best practices, superior quality outcomes, a common brand and user experience, and affordability. IS is a service community fostering healthcare intelligence and care transformation. IS delivers responsive, reliable, innovative results that help Providence be where patients want their care, where people want to work, a source of community pride, and a place others want to join.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Other Location(s): Oregon-Beaverton
Req ID: 143135