OPERATIONAL DATA STORE /DBA/ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS SECURITY
(Analyst Programmer – Career)
Job #: 2150
Closing Date: For priority consideration, application materials must be received by May 12, 2017, however, the position will remain open until filled.
APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS
This position requires (including those on campus) submission of:
• A standard CSU, Bakersfield job application (download at:
• Names of three professional references
• Copy of degree/transcripts/typing certificate, if required
• Brief description of how you are qualified for this position by virtue of your interest, aptitude, education and experience required.
Working within Information Technology Services (ITS) under the general direction of the Director of Enterprise Applications, this position will be responsible for designing and maintaining campus-wide Operational Data Store (ODS) and Data Warehouse (DW). This position will work within ITS and the campus on data governance and stewardship. This position will also be responsible for the maintenance of the enterprise database installations (Oracle SQL and Microsoft SQL). In addition, this position will be part of the security administration team to administer PeopleSoft and other enterprise application security. The ideal candidate for this position should be self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision, technically capable, and possess the ability to communicate complex technical matters with business users.
a) Operational Data Store / Data Warehouse Admin
• Perform complex technical activities in the administration of the Operational Data Store (ODS) and Data Warehouse (DW) using Oracle or Microsoft database technology.
• Responsible for designing, building, and supporting the components of data warehouse (DW), such as ETL processes, databases, reports, and reporting environments
• Performs capacity planning, supporting, troubleshooting, and ETL performance modification
• Schedule and oversee ODS/DW loads and refreshes from the transactional systems.
• Studies and understands the campus’ business processes and applications, including their effect on data and reporting, and applies the knowledge gained in designing data warehouses and reports
b) Database Administration
• Create, support and maintain databases required for development, testing and production usages.
• Continual assessment of database performance and identification and tuning of problem areas.
• Provide guidance and deliver solutions that ensure effective and efficient backup and recovery of Oracle and SQL database environments.
• Monitor database applications and makes recommendations on upgrades or new functionality.
• Organize, plan and execute database upgrades
• Provide database technical expertise to support and advise the application development team
• Maintain database user accounts to ensure compliance with campus security policy
c) Enterprise Applications Security Administration
• Works with the technical leads and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to maintain user security access to the enterprise applications based upon approved job responsibilities, position changes, job reassignments and/or terminations.
• Works with campus SME to identify, test and apply changes to roles and permission lists as affected by new baseline releases, updates and fixes
• Investigate security related issues reported by the users.
• Monitors and conducts the regular review of appropriate assignment and usage of roles and permission lists
• Furnish necessary security documentation and reports to auditors as needed
• Process access request form by granting users with access granted by designated approver.
d) OTHER JOB DUTIES
• Other duties as assigned
SCREENING: Only those applicants possessing experience most directly related to the immediate needs of the office will be invited to appear before a Qualifications Appraisal Board for the purpose of appraising training, experience and interest in the position.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES UNION: It shall be the policy of the CSU in filling vacant CSUEU bargaining Units 2, 5, 7 & 9 positions to fill such vacancies from among qualified individuals currently employed on-campus except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet campus workforce diversity goals or to provide specialized skills and abilities that are not available from current employees.
BACKGROUND CHECK: A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SENSITIVE POSITION: Sensitive positions are designated by the CSU as requiring heightened scrutiny of individuals holding the position, based on potential for harm to children, concerns for the safety and security of the people, animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to the CSU or individuals in the university community.
MANDATED REPORTER: The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
GENERAL INFORMATION: It is the policy of California State University; Bakersfield to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to present documentation verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be requested to present a social security card at the time of initial appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Official California State University, Bakersfield application forms must be completed in full and received in the Human Resources Office by 5:00 p.m. on/or postmarked by the specified closing date, unless otherwise indicated. Resumes are welcomed but will not be accepted in place of the official application. E-mailed or faxed applications or resumes will also not be accepted.
Applications are available outside the Office of Human Resources and may be downloaded from the Human Resources website. Candidates who reside outside the city of Bakersfield may contact the Office of Human Resources and request that an application be mailed to their residence. It takes a minimum of 4-6 weeks from the closing date for a position to be filled.
To check the status of your application, go to the Human Resources’ Job Opening/Status Inquiry page at http://www.csub.edu/bas/hr/EmployRecruit/Job%20Status%20Inquiry/index.html and click on the “Job Status” icon link. Applicants will not receive individual notifications. Upon submission, all application materials become the exclusive property of California State University, Bakersfield and will not be copied or returned.
California State University, Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.