| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a few Sourcing Manager to join our dynamic team. Through heavy interface with MRO, Facilities, Medical/Surgical, Laboratory, or Operating Room departments and their related Supply Chain activities, these roles will drive innovative process improvements, cost reduction, and lead collaborative strategic sourcing initiatives. These roles will also look across the organization and its facilities to further increase spend visibility, improve MSKCC’s market competitiveness and identify and implement cost savings opportunities.
- Identify project opportunities that offer cost savings/efficiencies and for each sourcing project
- Develop alternative sources, processes, and options that may offer benefits
- Negotiate and develop contract terms and conditions that minimize risks to MSKCC and are consistent with service level expectations of the internal client
- Lead or assist with the planning, coordination and completion of assigned tasks for assigned projects
- Serve as a liaison for management and vendors
- Validate vendor capabilities, financial stability and standing in the market; conducts vendor reviews and reports on vendor performance
- Knowledgeable about business and the marketplace and able to apply this knowledge to advance the organization's
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory
- Focused on creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Sciences, or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Sciences, or equivalent a plus
- 5-7 years of experience
- Experience with sourcing medical supplies strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Strategic Spend Analysis and Category Management highly desirable
- Experience with Vendor Relationship Management and Negotiation highly desirable
- 5+ years in procurement and related sourcing
- Experience in healthcare a plus
- CMRP certification required
- PMP or equivalent certification a plus
- Strong Excel and Business Analysis skills
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.