Providence is calling a Senior Project Manager, to join the Information Services Project and Portfolio Management Office on the project intake team located in Renton, WA.
We are seeking an individual to work closely with the IS and regional leaders to manage the assessment of new project/solution requests to support decision making.
In this position you will:
- Manage various intake project requests and provide leadership for, and coordination of, project formation. This includes facilitating system selections, conducting technical and resource feasibilities, identifying costs and funding, scheduling resources, and obtaining approval for solutions.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Monitor results/satisfaction to ensure that the project meets the expectations and deadlines. Maintains timely and accurate documentation in support of project analysis and daily operations.
- Provide support for special projects, which may include collecting data, preparing correspondence and developing solutions. Prepares, compiles and consolidates data for reporting to division leadership team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree, and 5 years related work experience, OR 10 years related work experience, OR equivalent combination of education, experience and increasingly responsible performance of duties
- 8 or more years of progressively more responsible project management experience in comparable or larger institution including the management of PMO department, project and program managers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Project Management Certification through the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or a program recognized by the Project Management Institute (local or national group)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification
- Experience in healthcare project management
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 144739