We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our rapidly growing facilities maintenance and construction company as Estimator of our Procurement Team. The ideal candidate will have bidding experience with commercial concrete and asphalt paving projects.
Salary & Benefits:
Kleenco offers a competitive salary, company provided mobile device(s); three (3) separate health insurance plans to choose from as well as life, dental, vision, short -term disability insurance plans, and a 401k plan with company match.
Position Summary: Performs project takeoffs and assembles costing of all needed labor, equipment, and materials for our commercial concrete and asphalt paving projects; under the supervision of Estimators and VP of Procurement. This position provides entry level duties including drafting site plans, proposal packages, and material costing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with vendors, Paving department and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate site plans and draft estimates for review.
- Analyzes blueprints and other documentation to prepare material take-offs.
- Prepares estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Assesses cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Maintains data in information systems or databases.
- Manages and tracks multiple projects according to contract specifications, Company policies, and procedures and safety requirements to ensure compliance.
- Reports all progress to Estimators (I and II).
- Understands materials and equipment used in the commercial concrete and asphalt paving industry.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Is dependable and accountable for actions.
- Demonstrates the ability to work unsupervised.
- Has excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes.
- Communicates regularly with Estimators (I and II) and VP of Procurement.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management skills and the ability to work independently, and to prioritize work.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and helps ensure company's compliance.
Job Skills, Ability and Experience:
- B.A. / B.S. in relevant field
- Experience bidding concrete and asphalt paving projects, preferred.
- Must have a good knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, and geometry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and CAD programs.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Proficiency in the use of technology in an office environment.
- Must be able to write detailed reports and work unsupervised.
- Must have good understanding of construction and trades, and the ability to work in a professional manner.
- Attention to detail when completing job tasks, using logic to address work-related issues and problems, honesty, ethics, accepting criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
JOB TITLE: Estimator
REPORTS TO: Estimator I
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.