| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. This position is time-limited to June 30, 2018, with possibility of extension.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of WashU IT-Enterprise Applications . This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Through strong knowledge of the organization’s technology infrastructure and specific software applications, helps Enterprise Applications address changes through technology. Performs all tasks to achieve an understanding of business change needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties. Acts as the technical liaison between the business and IT for all system needs in Alumni and Development Administration, including enhancements and fixes to our core suite of applications. Will have a key role in ensuring that the department’s solutions and practices are of the highest caliber by anticipating and meeting strategic and tactical data requirements, designing and developing effective data architectures, documenting data and metadata comprehensively in a manner consistent with industry practice to promote consistency, transparency, clarity, and accuracy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares business cases working with university partners
- Responsible for requirements elicitation and methods for requirements management and communication
- Ensures business opportunities and objectives are clearly articulated
- Performs current state analysis and/or root cause analysis as required
- Manages project scope, user acceptance, installation and deployment of small projects and enhancements
- Performs feasibility analysis as required for projects
- Coordinates planning activities to meet objectives and timelines of overall program or project. Works with Project Manager to forecast required time and resources.
- Analysis, Design, Execution, Support
- Implements strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
- Evaluate databases and critical data structures within the business units
- Documents requirements, establishes scope and objectives and determines strategy for evaluating requirements implementation in systems to achieve business goals
- Organizes requirements by release and other needed categories and sets up traceability matrix; articulates requirements relationships and dependencies
- Translates and simplifies requirements for appropriate use; performs gap analysis and requirements analysis working with technical team
- Prioritizes requirements working with university partners and creates conceptual prototypes and mock-ups
- Uses business process modeling, traceability and quality management techniques per methodology
- Performs requirements management and communication; apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving
- Uses requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests
- Provides consulting to all stakeholders regarding requirements management working with Project Management
- Will take on assignments for projects as assigned
- Monitors the technical team solution to ensure requirements fulfillment and solution evaluation
- Leads and coordinates activities associated with requirements management vehicles
- Provides coaching to junior business systems analyst staff to successfully accomplish objectives
- Assists Applications Manager in resource planning, selection process and on-boarding new resources
- Participates in recommending and leading implementation of continuous improvement plans for business analysis
- Develops requirements adoption metrics and other methods of evaluating the long-term performance of the solution
- Reviews and monitors the effectiveness of business analysis via test results
- Provides status reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or comparable discipline plus 6 years of relevant experience analyzing business processes and data or equivalent combination of experience, certification and education
- Business acumen coupled with technical knowledge
- Experience working on technology and application development projects including developing technical requirements
- Strong understanding of data driven decision making
- Strong listening skills
- Strong research skills with attention to detail
- Experience developing functional and non-functional requirements
- SQL and data analysis skills
- Deep understanding of data visualization and modern tools like Tableau
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills; consultative approach
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and business case development
- Recognized within the organization as demonstrating expertise in business analysis methods and modeling techniques
- Experience working closely with team members during solution development and product launch
- Experience developing use cases
- Experience developing data and process flows
- Experience with data modeling, data gap analysis, data quality assessment and remediation, and data process review and improvement.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and independent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated successful performance with, giving presentations to both small and large audiences, and coordinating and completing multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines
- Ability to contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of a highly-functioning and productive team
- Demonstrated understanding of client relationship management, process mapping and improvement, project management, and production support
- Proven ability to provide business analysis for large scope project teams to meet customer expectations
- Demonstrated understanding of business analyst tools and techniques; demonstrated proficiency using MS Office and Visio tools
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or PMI Professional in Business Analysis Certification (PMI-PBA) Preferred
- Business education
- ITIL framework and IT product methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with Database Design, Data Maintenance
- Prior experience in higher education environments a plus
The hiring range for this position is $74,297 - $98,446 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions:
The work is normally performed in the offices located across campus. There will be activities that require trips to many University offices and offsite locations.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.