Supports Carilion's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities. Responsible for leading the daily activities of the team(s). Ensures that team workload and project deadlines are met. Provides leadership and support to the team to facilitate team building, project management, 360 degree feedback. Provides input for employee evaluations and ensures on-boarding of new team members. Assists the director/manager with strategic and tactical planning and participates in hiring and budgeting processes.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Associates/Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, healthcare business or equivalent experience required. Master's degree preferred.
registration: Valid Virginia drivers' license required. Vendor and/or industry certifications/proficiencies as determined by management. ITIL V3 Certification preferred. PMP desired.
- Works irregular and weekend work hours, with occasional overnight travel as needed.
- Participates in an on-call rotation to meet business needs.
- Completes annual professional development and required in-service education.
- Presents ideas and information to all audiences using well developed verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Intermediate word processing, spreadsheet, and project management PC software skills required.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills.
- Practices reflective listening skills.
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills.
- Uses negotiating skills to resolve conflict and build cooperation.
- Completes multiple assignments within a given timeframe including assignments delegated to others.
- Develops meeting agendas, facilitates meetings, and records minutes as needed.
- Provides and ensures timely resolution to customer issues.
- Plans and works with others on joint projects, and coordinates with others to achieve team objectives.
- Oversees or leads complex projects or sub-projects.
- Provides leadership for team members.
- Adheres to privacy and confidentiality guidelines.
- Demonstrates accountability for self-development by providing input into personal annual skills assessment and development plan.
Inspiring Better Health at Carilion Clinic
Every day at Carilion Clinic, our employees come together to inspire better health in our patients, their families and our communities. Explore how you can be a part of this diverse, innovative and interdisciplinary patient-centered team, and find out how you can make a difference in the lives of others.
As an employee, you can take advantage of our competitive pay, various scheduling options, continuing education opportunities and excellent benefits.
Based in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic includes multi-specialty physician practices, seven not-for-profit hospitals and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute in partnership with Virginia Tech.
Service Excellence and Quality are hallmarks of Carilion Clinic. As a team member, you will be expected to consistently deliver the best in care and customer service. As an employee, you will demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with our patients, families, visitors and with each other.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Carilion is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Shift: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., M-F