NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a IT Project Manager, Clinical Systems/Epic.
This position acts as a seasoned professional providing advanced expertise in a complex professional discipline. This position mentors less-experienced staff with responsibility for their development, and is responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. This position functions independently with limited work direction, and work is reviewed periodically and on an exception basis.
- Uses project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources (people/money) of the work effort being managed.
- Partners with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Manages several projects and/or programs of medium to high complexity.
- Conducts complete diagnostics of most business problems.
- Anticipates implementation obstacles.
- Selects tools and methodologies for projects.
- Commits to deliverables with customers and/or management.
- May oversee other projects/programs and track key performance indicators for assessment and mitigation of risks.
- Must have a BA/BS degree and 7 or more years of experience.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools such as those defined by Project Management Institute (PMI) and included in Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK); this should include knowledge and use of resource management practices and change management techniques.
- PMP required.
- Epic Experience and experience managing clinical projects is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.