Trade association seeks an energetic, creative, collaborative, and detail-oriented Event Planner to produce memorable events and to enhance our visibility. The Planner will be responsible for assisting with the design, logistics, marketing, and promotional strategy of all annual events and meetings to advance the recognition of our brand and provide outstanding customer service.
- Work with senior team to develop annual schedule of meetings and events.
- Work with senior team to design, develop and execute the overall event and marketing strategy for the association’s annual events and educational seminars.
- Calendar and track the association’s events, as well as major trade association and industry events to minimize conflicts, including religious holidays.
- Attend association meetings to create action plan for events.
- Survey unique venues and stay abreast of novelty spaces for events.
- Calculate event budget and complete project management templates for seamless event execution.
- Negotiate and secure event space under the supervision of senior staff.
- Obtain pricing from catering companies, if applicable, and present to senior management for timely decision.
- Visit venue(s) to plan seating, signage, audio visual, registration set up, décor, etc.
- Explore developing an event support volunteer team from association members.
- Schedule and manage speakers and vendors timely.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate event logistics, staffing, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations and thank you gifts/notes.
- Effectively communicate event details and plans to staff and assign appropriate recurring duties.
- Prepare presentations and/or work with presenters to secure materials.
- Assist senior staff in securing sponsorships.
- Initiate, coordinate and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event, including creating a calendar of messaging for social media, email blast, and website postings.
- Design copy and work on software or printer and designer to develop event invitations, signage, and promotional materials as needed.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list, including VIPs and speakers.
- Keep inventory of and recommend new technology for backdrops, projectors, signage, and other display materials.
- Ensure accuracy of marketing communications including proofreading, on-target messaging and tone, corporate branding consistency and cultural sensitivity and verbiage.
- Ensure timely dissemination of marketing information through a variety of channels to specific targeted audiences, including social media.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on event day.
- Evaluate metrics measurements: pre- and post- event evaluations, analyze ROI and innovate to optimize and improve events and meeting consistent with the brand.
- Provide on-site staff support as required.