In this senior individual contributor role, the Project Manager will perform a variety of duties to ensure company’s boom and light (?) projects are completed on time, within budget with a high degree of service to satisfy client requirements. The Project Manager is responsible for the installation of Trumpf Medical’s very sophisticated product line at medical and healthcare facilities throughout the region. Trumpf Medical’s portfolio of products consists of operating room integration systems, operating room tables, surgical, examination lights and video solutions.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering projects on time, on budget, with high customer satisfaction
- Attends coordination meetings as needed to ensure site readiness progresses appropriately
- Defines site specific installation requirements when necessary.
- Interfaces with internal resources to determine production lead times.
- Schedules and outlines installation implementation plan.
- Coordinates third party equipment integration (i.e., video cables, custom monitor mounts, smoke evacuation, etc.)
- Performs post-install quality review ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Supports outside sales with product specifications and technical support.
- Maintains pre-installation and rough-in information for 3rd party contractors
- Provide strong proactive leadership in the execution of Product implementation projects. Strong leadership characteristics must be shown in all aspects of project execution, including interactions with customer project and ‘C’ level management, Hill-Rom senior management, and internal project team members.
- Consults with multi-disciplinary customer groups and staff levels regarding best practices and clinical processes.
- Provide excellent communication skills to build consensus and influence others across multiple internal and customer organizations.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and resolve customer issues that threaten the success of the project both internally and at the customer site. Candidate must show the ability to manage customer issues in a proactive manner and provide customer-focused solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Provide thought leadership on topics that add value and ROI related to project management, system implementations, and hospital/clinical best practices.
- Provide strong project management skills, especially the management of scope and deliverables across multiple, concurrent projects. Communicate effectively the project status and action plans for concurrent projects. Candidate will communicate regularly the status of multiple projects to customer project and ‘C’ level management, Hill-Rom senior management, and internal project team members.
- Ensure that customer configurations conform to product design principles and standards, are logical, and model the customer’s needs.
- Utilize effective change management best practices in leading product implementation projects. Follow established internal implementation standards and best practices in the conduct of assigned projects, including design standards, communication standards, and scope management standards. When necessary, document or add to implementation standards, processes, and best practices based on experiences for departmental benefit. Create and adhere to defined and mutually agreed upon project plans. Proactively identifies out of scope opportunities during the execution of implementation projects and pursues them in concert with the appropriate team members.
- Assist in measuring customer satisfaction during and after installations.
- Provide internally-focused product development recommendations based on customer input received.
- Utilize positive people skills when providing work direction and status review for assigned project team members. Collaborate and seek guidance from internal functional and technical groups/resources required to achieve job objectives.
- Focus on meeting or exceeding established project metrics, including monitoring project actual activity vs. budgeted activity on a ‘regular’ basis and reporting-out of variances, risks/potential issues and risk mitigation strategies.