| Role Value Proposition: MetLife is leading the global transformation in its industry. Within Global Technology and Operations (GTO), the centralized TechQA organization, tasked with all software testing, is looking for you to provide technical strategic leadership for the overall Test Delivery organization. You will act as a subject matter expert in the Test Engineering group and you will guide the partnership with employees and vendors in the Test Delivery organization, along with application, infrastructure, and vendor technical leadership to ensure organizational, functional and technical architectural alignment. |
The focus of the role posted here is to provide advanced industry leading expertise in leading implementation of DevOps and Agile testing process, tools, and techniques in MetLife. As part of the Test Engineering organization, skills in the following areas are also valuable as members of the team will sometimes cross roles: • Test Environment Management and Change/Build Management
• Testing tools evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance
• Automation framework and implementation
• Agile process framework and DevOps methodologies
• Broad business functional and application knowledge of MetLife systems portfolio
The GTO group is a diverse team of engineers, developers, and business and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to core business challenges within MetLife. TechQA is the consolidated software testing organization within GTO. Test Engineering is a sub-organization of TechQA that acts as a centralized services provider and consultant to the Test Delivery organization.
· Responsible for the overall quality of technology testing deliverables across all parameters including Automation, Test Data and Environment Management , non-functional testing etc. Collaborates with required functions to ensure technology testing needs are well covered for all the projects and programs required.
· Use a broad understanding of the business functions and applications to recommend efficient way to test or simulate testing of end to end functions.
· Maintains a “big and complete” picture view of the project/programs, its dependencies, business goals, technology arena, etc. and helps guide & direct the functioning of the Testing delivery teams appropriately.
· Results-oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility.
· Research assistance in industry best practices and trends to constantly evolve the testing practice.
· Implements Agile/DevOps testing methodologies (process and templates), tools, and training
· Maintains knowledge of the testing processes, technology and infrastructure
· Works on strategic enterprise initiatives (facilitation, strategic analysis, etc.)
· Provides consulting services to project teams and management on implementation of testing methodology, tools and techniques
· Works with AD teams to determine how to build and enhance applications to maximize testability and ensure application stability (technical and strategic)
· Provides expertise to less experienced staff and colleagues on other teams.
· Interacts with vendor consultants to identify and implement solutions for optimizing operating efficiency of production systems and processes
· Works to increase value by identifying new cost savings or process improvements
Technologies: • Application monitoring tools such as AppDynamics and Splunk