| Role Value Proposition: MetLife is leading the global transformation in its industry. Within Global Technology and Operations (GTO), the centralized TechQA organization, tasked with all software testing, is looking for you to lead the planning and execution of large and extra-large testing programs. These programs will be large in terms of duration and complexity. You will have responsibility for managing the work of the testing project managers (employees and vendors) for the various technology applications involved in the program. Although direct administrative supervision is not part of this role, having this in your experience is a large plus, as leadership, management and executive communication skills are key. In this leadership role, you will partner closely with closely with development and business stakeholders to ensure the quality of the business solution into the production environment. The GTO group is a diverse team of engineers, developers, and business and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to core business challenges within MetLife. |
Key Responsibilities: • Works independently, manages programs that are of medium to large size, duration and complexity
• Works with many areas of the organization, typically at the enterprise level, and has extensive knowledge of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling and closing of IT programs
• Leads IT program teams (virtual, matrix) for efforts medium to large in size, duration and complexity, and applies program and project management processes (including managing stakeholder expectations, communications, budget management, schedule management, performance reporting, etc.) to an IT program.
• Maintains scope, cost and schedule of programs through management of the project or sub-project team and interaction with the Program Sponsor, Project Sponsor(s), including development and maintenance of program management plan and communications management.
• Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to commonly adopted processes and standards for project and program management
• Builds and maintains highly effective on- going communications and relationships between the IT project teams and governance organization to ensure that the IT program is completed in a manner that satisfies business objectives.
• Mentors less senior staff members
• Oversees assigned virtual or matrixed project staff members
• The following Command Center functions are within the scope of this position. Some may ultimately be specialized into certain roles. ? Test Data Management - Consolidate Test Data Requirements from different environments and coordinates data for testing
? Defect and Defect Triage Management - managing critical defects to closure among multiple development groups
? Performance Test Coordination - ensuring performance testing proceeds and completes
? Automation evaluation and control
? Reporting Coordination - ensuring value and professional status reporting
? Smoke Test Leadership