| Role Value Proposition: MetLife is leading the global transformation in its industry. Within Global Technology and Operations (GTO), the centralized TechQA organization, tasked with all software testing, is looking for you to lead the planning and execution of complex cross departmental or enterprise wide testing programs. These programs will be very large in terms of duration, complexity and Senior Management exposure. |
You will have responsibility for managing the work of the testing Program and Project managers (employees and vendors) for the various technology projects and applications involved in the program. Although direct administrative supervision is not part of this role, having this in your experience is necessary, as leadership, management and executive communication skills are key. In this leadership role, you will partner closely with closely with development and business stakeholders to ensure the quality of the business solution into the production environment. The GTO group is a diverse team of engineers, developers, and business and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to core business challenges within MetLife.
Key Responsibilities: • Oversees various highly complex testing programs and coordinates the management of assigned resources
• Provides oversight and works with Test Project Managers in the program to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of projects while working to ensure the ultimate success of the testing program.
• Interfaces with all areas affected by the testing program including all key stakeholders and vendors
• Communicates with senior management regarding test program status when needed
• Assembles program and project teams, assigns individual responsibilities and identifies resources needed
• Determines and documents test program scope and deliverables based on documentation and requirements supplied.
• Engages Program Management counterparts, customers and project stakeholders to ensure continued alignment with program objectives
• Communicates with assigned resources to ensure on-time completion of planned tasks
• Resolves test program issues through direct action or escalation when necessary.
• Implements Risk Management program to ensure that all risks are identified and appropriately itigated
• Reports on test program status using defined templates
• Collaborates with assigned team to ensure that the test program management information system is populated with current program status and data in order to maintain accurate program information for the use of stakeholders.
• Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency and boost morale
• Leverages industry expertise to develop and implement test program guidance, template, and tools.
• Operates as an internal consultant directing the work of all levels of management.
• Functional oversight and matrix management
• Provides guidance and SME to members of the project team
• Manages the work of very large numbers of vendor consultants in an outcome based model.
• The following Command Center functions are within the scope of this position. Some may ultimately be specialized into certain roles. ? Test Data Management - Consolidate Test Data Requirements from different environments and coordinates data for testing
? Defect and Defect Triage Management - managing critical defects to closure among multiple development groups
? Performance Test Coordination - ensuring performance testing proceeds and completes
? Automation evaluation and control
? Reporting Coordination - ensuring value and professional status reporting