George Mason University
Digital Project Manager
The George Mason University Office of Communication and Marketing invites applications for a Digital Project Manager. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This Digital Project Manager will be responsible for the on-time delivery of approved projects that fall under the purview of the Digital Communications Directorate, and will report directly to the Director of Digital Communications. This individual will be an experienced team member with demonstrated excellence in developing scopes of work, delivery protocols, project plans, schedules, and staffing requirements for digitally based projects.
- Proven ability to manage concurrent digital and social media projects by tracking resource allocation, utilization metrics, timelines, budgets, and workflow accurately;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in order to turn requirements into actionable project plans;
- Highly skilled at coordinating and managing the work of technical staff, social media managers, and other relevant stakeholders throughout a project life cycle;
- Demonstrated ability to develop processes definitions and operationalize those processes to gain efficiency;
- Proven ability to understand content management systems (CMSs) and Drupal;
- Considerable demonstrated experience delivering large and small projects to fruition on time and on budget;
- Proven ability to utilize project management software;
- Experienced problem-solver, familiar with agile development practices;
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and interpersonal skills; and
- Strong verbal, written and communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in communications, marketing, or a related field;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification;
- Previous experience with Workamajig software; and
- Previous experience working in higher education.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02739z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by April 10, 2017; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.