Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities? The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless.
Reporting to the Development Services Manager within the Engineering Department, this position is responsible for the oversight of land development project processing. The Development Project Engineer ensures a consistent application of City Standards, Engineering Policies and Practices, applicable Bylaws and good Engineering practice, and is involved in the development and clarification of policies to ensure consistency in application.
Key responsibilities include:
· Troubleshooting and expediting projects by resolving bottlenecks;
· Preparing and monitoring project schedules and sending reminders of deliverables;
· Establishing working relationships with developers, land development consultants/contractors and residents; and attending Council meetings;
· Reviewing servicing design drawings, servicing agreements, legal documents, and financial agreements;
· Monitoring the administrative processing of construction projects; and managing staff within the Land Development Division;
· Participating in neighborhood concept plans; coordinating with other divisions and department; and liaising with external agencies.