Senior Supply Chain Analyst; Florham Park, NJ-1701035
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Senior Supply Chain Analyst, based at BASF's North America headquarters in Florham Park, who will be well-experienced supply chain analyst for Care Chemicals. The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division's high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets. Further information is available at www.care-chemicals.basf.com
Senior Supply Chain Analyst (1701035)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Oversee day-to-day operations within North America as it pertains to warehousing and transportation of Care Chemical products including the resolution of day-to-day operational issues by working with corporate functions
- Manage monthly gathering and distribution of Supply Chain key performance indicators along with gap analysis for the Care Chemicals group. Analyzing root cause, implementing corrective actions and tracking the improvements. Reports include but are not limited to: Delivery reliability, Imports, Supplier performance; Customer supply reliability; financial reports related to logistic operations; Inventory Aged and off-spec reports
- Lead strategic Supply Chain Planning related projects/or initiatives. Interacts with Operational Service Platform functions including: Business Management, Customer Care, Foreign Trade, Inter-Regional Supply chain, and other B.U.'s. Assume global presence, working on global teams and act as team project lead for special projects
- Manage Non-Conformance resolution: Includes the investigation and implementation of warehouse and transportation corrective action(s) to resolve supplier and customer non-conformances
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities for improvement, and recommends and implements solutions related to transportation, warehousing, and 3rd party logistics processes and procedures
- Manage Supply Chain performance metrics, identifies and implements solutions with limited approval.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferred Logistics or Supply Chain major. Minimum of 6 years related experience
- APICS certification or other related certifications preferred.
- Experience leading projects/and or project teams
- Expert knowledge of regional supply chain operations
- Expert knowledge of distribution, transportation, supply chain processes, distribution network analysis, Import/Export border requirements and 3rd Party Logistics operations
- Proficient in using Microsoft office tools, must have very strong skills and experience with working in Excel. A strong working knowledge of SAP Cobalt strongly preferred
- Travel 5-10%
- Business and financial acumen
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, customer focus, communication skills
- The ability to work with various commercial, functional and corporate functions on a regional/global level
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (EM)-Care Chemicals