Westat is seeking a Project Manager with a background in public education projects or education research to provide logistical and administrative support for a large special education technical assistance (TA) center. The Project Manager will directly support the efforts of the center’s leadership team and will manage the day-to-day activities necessary for the successful completion of this complex center.
- Provide tactical management, administration, and leadership to the project team, to ensure that research projects proceed on time and within budget.
- Oversee the successful design, implementation, tracking, and revision of project plans using Microsoft Project.
- Provide timely project status information and assist in developing reports and other output for assigned tasks.
- Interact with center managers, subcontractor directors, and consultants regarding timelines, products, and financial objectives.
- Facilitate effective communication among all center team members.
- Ensure compliance and adherence with center guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in writing draft and final monthly reports, annual performance reports, meeting notes, and other summary documents, as required.
- BS / BA / BBA degree required and 10 years of related experience or a MA/MS/MBA and 8 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years project management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
Experience with public education projects or education research is preferred.
Experience in a contract research organization (CRO) is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent activities and align the work of team members across multiple organizations.
- Proven leadership and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to convey credibility and gain trust and confidence with team members.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of complex organizational relationships and ability to establish effective professional business relationships with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently and make judgments and decisions within project guidelines.
- Strong process orientation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills with a firm commitment to quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of computer proficiency using Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- A high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to motivate team members and facilitate meetings.
- Ability to make formal presentations to audiences at various levels.
- Willingness to travel, including overnight stays.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.