| Position Tasks & Activities: |
- Load and unload equipment
- Prep and clean equipment
- Greet and assist customers
- Assist with the delivery and pick up of equipment
- Maintain accurate delivery and pick up records
- Double check delivered items to make sure customer receives exactly what was ordered
- Instruct customers on equipment operation
- Accept the duties of delivery driver in his absence
- Check in orders daily
- Log broken, damaged, missing dishes and equipment
- Perform other duties as requested
- Keep warehouse and dock areas clean and neat
Nature of the Work: The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from strength requirements and the stamina required. Will assist in loading and unloading vehicles/trucks and work with delivery personnel/driver and dispatcher/delivery coordinator to deliver any equipment in full or partial loads. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner. Will also help maintain inventory. Shipping and receiving functions, from light to heavy, are also performed. Janitorial responsibilities, both inside and outside the premises, are also involved.
Working Conditions: This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area, with the exception of several hours in the warehouse loading or unloading and drive time. Some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.