Provide tactical direction and leadership to staff to ensure customer requirements are met while meeting our Penske goals and objectives. Maintain a professional approach while supporting the solution enabling achievement of all contractual obligations. Create and foster a relationship with the customer's logistics manager to facilitate operational stability.
- Ensure that all associates understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives, Interview and hire all associates up to supervisor level. Build engagement by expressing pride in the group where the goals are met and recognize and reward associates for their achievements, Develop direct reports through training and succession planning.
- Interact daily with our local customer to ensure we understand existing and emerging customer needs, Utilize team to identify operational improvements in areas such as inbound and outbound timeliness and accuracy, returns, inventory accuracy and associate productivity, Collaborate with other Penske sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
- Develop and execute annual financial and operating plan, Manage the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets, Identifies issues with the operating metrics and P&L and responds accordingly, Ensure customer billings and associate payroll are prepared timely and accurately, the payables and intercompany charges are valid and correct, and all other activities are accurately reflected in the P&L.
- Monitor and improve accident and injury frequency, Ensure each associate understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group's role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe work place, Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors, Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the customer, Identify and seize profitable business opportunities, Utilize available metrics to monitor and maximize customer efficiencies and achieve cost savings.
- Monitor and improve equipment utilization and repairs, Contribute to equipment specification at time of start-up and renewal, Build a strong working relationship with local equipment vendors.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 4 – 6 years related functional experience, including managing warehouse operations
- At least 3 years managerial or supervisory experience required
- High School degree or equivalent preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Inventory experience is preferred
- Experience with a tier 1 or 2 Warehouse Management System
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
- Proficiency with different technologies and software (i.e. Microsoft Office) is required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 8310 Eastpoint Dr. Dallas, TX
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1610865