We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And, we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Manager at our Quincy, FL manufacturing site. The Dispersions, Resins, and Additives business of BASF prides itself in offering a comprehensive range of solutions for formulators' needs for products in coatings, inks, adhesives, building materials and additives. The Quincy operation is a specialty site within the Dispersions, Resins, and Additives business focusing on the manufacture of attapulgite clay products that are used in a wide variety of industries, such as construction, agriculture, nutrition, filtration, coatings, and oilfield solutions.
Two of the primary industries supported by the Quincy site are Construction and Agriculture. Thus, there is a high swing in demand during prime construction and agriculture seasons. Short lead times requires the ability to be flexible, to adapt to change and to provide good communication and strong leadership to team and other functions.
Logistics Manager (1700936) Quincy, FL
As the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, and focus for all logistics and warehousing activities related to products produced at the site. You will drive continuous improvement working toward achieving best in class execution and organizational performance. You will act as the primary interface and be responsible for leadership of the team in collaboration with regional and global business colleagues in Supply Chain.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide leadership to the logistics and warehousing team.
- Ensure orders are packaged, loaded, and shipped to meet customer requirements
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and Operations to ensure targeted inventory levels are maintained.
- Continually improve processes in responsible areas
- Manage warehouse including reconciliation of inventories
Leadership Core Responsibilities
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement the BASF strategy
- Provide visible leadership, encourage safe behaviors, and reduce exposures to unsafe conditions
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering Discipline or related technical field with at least 8 years of experience in an industrial / manufacturing environment. (Industrial Engineering preferred).
- Demonstrated leadership experience, preferably in a union environment.
- Strong managerial / facilitator skills to manage efficiency and effectiveness of assets and team.
- Demonstrated Change Catalyst capability with ability to manage and streamline multiple priorities and stakeholders as well as lead teams to do the same.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with LSS continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of SAP planning, purchasing, and PM systems.
- Previous cost center experience - budget maintenance / cost allowance.
- If degree not in industrial engineering, prefer Lean and Six Sigma training in order to facilitate the optimization of work processes.
- Significant experience with SAP, MS Office, AutoCAD, other CMMS. BASF web based applications a plus.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and ability drive process improvement and best practices.
As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-FL-Quincy
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America