Supply Chain Manager - Beachwood, OH-1603802
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Supply Chain Manager directs and manages the Supply Chain function in support of the purchasing, scheduling, production, distribution and inventorying of all manufactured materials within the Construction Chemicals Regional Business Unit. This Operations Department position ensures support of all business units and coordinates activities across various business functions. Supply Chain Manager leads demand planning, master planning and scheduling, inventory control and warehousing, toll and contract manufacturing, distribution, supply chain strategy, statistical performance analysis, and special supply chain projects.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Plan, direct, control and approve all activities of the Supply Chain organization, seeking synergies to coordinate the flow of information within Operations and between Operations and business groups; assist in driving down working capital, optimizes inventory placement, and customer service levels; and advise the Operations and Business Leadership via direct involvement with the customer base.
- Manage and develop employees of the department ensures high quality, high motivation and succession planning; develops team building and innovative environments. Works through direct reports to effectively lead the team in attaining stated goals.
- Manage the total Supply Chain group, including, inventory analysis, planning, placement, and scheduling raw materials and finished goods, and influences the manufacturing team in planning production. Manage a distribution center of 6 8 locations, balancing 12,000 different products being made at 20+ facilities, directing logistics of all the moves.
- Assure organizational structure operates effectively (business practices, procurement strategies, distribution channels, business practices and closely manages employees). Work closely with Operations Managers, business unit sales leaders, and BU leadership to develop an effective strategy in support of the North American markets. Identify and drive cost out of the Supply Chain, and Operations organization. Eliminate identified non-conformances or deviations that occur within the Supply Chain function to improve overall service to customers.
- Establish and monitor measurable EHS objectives, including employee training and awareness programs as part of a continuous improvement process identified, and ensures conformance to all applicable policies and regulations. Report EHS activities, issues and performance to management on a regular basis. Maintain EHS knowledge through continuing professional development, including Company EHS training programs and outside seminars. Maintain focus at all times on environmental, health and safety aspects from planning through execution of tasks assigned. Supports applicable Process Safety programs through participation in compliance audits, capital project reviews, regulatory PHAs (revalidations, clean-sheets) and other hazard / risk assessment activities as required or assigned. Ensure the on time completion of Process Safety related mechanical integrity inspections as assigned. Utilize Management of Change (MOC) to assure timely communication and training of process related changes to affected personnel. Participate in any process safety related incident investigations and completion of assigned action items in a timely manner. Process safety roles and responsibilities across the organization are clearly-defined and include an expectation to raise, and authority to respond to process safety concerns. Senior leaders are held accountable for process safety performance. Employees understand the importance of process safety as it applies to their jobs and are responsible for following and contributing to the work processes to achieve improvement in company process safety performance. Assure standards of safety, environmental, team and individual performance are met in a high performance team-based organization. Address and raise the EHS standards of the Supply Chain organization.
- Understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes for ISO 9001, and other requirements, procedures and processes as they pertain to quality management.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF
is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF
, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for success. What we look for in you..
- Bachelor's degree is required
- MBA is preferable
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in supply chain planning, inventory management, manufacturing and/or procurement required
- APICS certifications are preferable
- Strong knowledge of specialty chemicals supply chain and marketplace required
- Experience directly managing others required
- Broad managerial experience reflects demonstrated knowledge of supply chain systems, finance, strategy, people management, and leadership skills necessary
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-OH-Beachwood
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America