A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Responsible for the management, performance and completion of multiple concurrent projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects:
- Responsible for design through implementation phases of project scope.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, status reports and projections.
- Effectively communicates stakeholder requirements to team members and assigns tasks; communicates project progress to all stakeholders. Establishes and maintains an excellent working relationship with project or initiative teams and stakeholders.
- Effectively coordinates and facilitates planning and deliverables for projects and initiatives. Prepares written communications and presentations for a variety of audiences including senior leadership.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking.
- Identifies and assesses issues, risks and interdependencies, determines system improvements and escalates appropriately.
- Coordinates and facilitates delivery of project objectives.
- Ensures successful implementation of project plans with owners.
- Pro-actively identifies and raises issues and makes recommendations, before such information is requested.
- Ensures adherence to project deliverables and alignment with institutional policies, standards and benchmarks.
- Resolves issues and manages changes and interventions to achieve project outputs; manages to consensus among stakeholders with disparate viewpoints.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and achieve results.
- Strong relationship-building skills, including the demonstrated ability to build consensus among a decentralized stakeholder base. Strong team orientation and ability to manage in complex organizations.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem solving and influence and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and demonstrate flexibility and commitment to embracing change.
- Detail-oriented and able to bring structure to an unstructured environment.
- Experience with date management software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- At least 4 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in project or operations management.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management, techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to lead all project management processes from project planning to closeout.
- Highly analytical and has the ability to translate analyses into actionable information for decision making at all levels within the Health System and to tell the story.
- Ability to analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of action and have the authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate directions, within the scope of their responsibilities.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Broad understanding of current trends in health care (e.g., regulatory environment, payment systems, etc.)
- Lean training/certification and knowledge of lean thinking concepts in planning and operations analysis and/or Six Sigma training and experience
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis, key performance indicators and dashboard development.
- Clinical operations experience is desired.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. See Required Qualifications section.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.