| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager who will report directly to the Director, Project Management, to form part of a new, dynamic and creative team who is establishing the PMO. The Senior Project Manager will partner with various departments across the institution and project leads complex and/or enterprise-wide projects and programs.
- Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy; dedications and goals.
- Design, communicate, and implement an operational plan for completing projects; monitor progress and performance against the project plan; and take action to ensure the project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project which may include preparing designs and work specifications; developing project schedules, budgets and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors.
- A strategic and influential leader who can inspire and influence a team to deliver results.
- A specialist in planning, risk management, resource management and change management.
- Comfortable leading and providing direction as well as being supportive to project team members.
- Knowledgeable in both the theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Abreast of state of the art project management techniques, tools and technology.
- Experienced in strategic planning; risk management and change management.
- Bachelor's degree is required; MBA, MHA, MPA or other relevant graduate studies degree preferred.
- 2-4 years consulting and/or large scale project/program management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred or commitment to obtain PMP within six months of hire.
- Experience in a hospital/healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including project management techniques and tools.
- A high level of emotional intelligence with a broad communication tool kit that keeps people focused and brings out the best in others.
- Proven experience in strategic planning; risk management and change management.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.