| Essential Functions:|
Provide support for accounting and financial analysis related to programs and activities of the Facilities Planning & Management (FPM) Department. Team with other FPM accounting staff to process operations / project funding documents, report project / funding status, and maintain records administered by the FPM Department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and update POs, Change Orders, Pay Applications, Journals, Budget Adjustments, Interdepartmental Orders, Invoices and Justification Forms associated with FPM maintenance, utilities, or construction projects using AIS, PM Web, CAS and Maximo systems; review contract drafts and change orders for funding and vendor accuracy.
- Process vendor invoices, internal billings (IDs) associated with maintenance or construction projects through approvals and submission for payment, and research/follow-up on vendor inquires related to past due invoice payments, POs and tax exemption certificates.
- Create various reports and spreadsheets to track project cost, capital project fees, maintenance fees, project completion status, project funding status, invoicing and payment status, Supplier Diversity Initiative status (including 10 day pay requirement, identification and vendor set-up), and other accounting and financial metrics on a monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis.
- Monitor project funding and overdraft reports from Plant accounting. Research variances and identify root causes as necessary.
- Work as liaison with treasury, general accounting, plant accounting, and other departments on vendor and funding issues related to maintenance, utilities, RR Cap Plan, or construction projects (including lien waivers, HEFA and TIP Loans, debt payment schedules, loan reallocations, and other information).
- Support the establishment of FPM’s Capital Repairs and Renovations Plan (Cap RR Plan) including a five-year projection and a detailed one-year plan indicating project scope, timing and funding information.
- Establish project and fund tracking process and documentation for each approved project and provide continuous updates and reporting of project and funding status.
- Update approved projects as Master Work Orders in Maximo system so that Zone Managers can begin to issue PO requests for the projects.
- Coordinate FPM department related project funding requests and resolutions creation, approval and presentation process.
- Process resolutions documents and maintain records of in progress and approved requests and resolutions.
- Report resolutions funding and approval status.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
- Two to four years accounting experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as the need to be service-oriented and detail-oriented.
- Must be a highly motivated team player with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Bachelor in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a closely related discipline preferred.
- Two to four years construction accounting or construction industry experience preferred.
- Fund accounting knowledge, report writing and database management software (ex. Crystal Reports, COGNOS, and/or other data warehousing and reporting tools) experience, and Crystal Report writing experience helpful.
The hiring range for this position is $19.96 - $25.43 per hour
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Business Operations, Facilities. This position is for the Danforth Campus.