The IT User Support Services Administrator manages the day-to-day operations and supervision of the User support staff, which includes oversight for maintaining and completing work order administration, hardware and software installation, configuration, maintenance and inventories, status reports and coordination of project and deployment schedules. In collaboration with ITS leadership and the technical support work teams, the IT USS Administrator works with user departments to identify and solve system and process problems, identify unused system features, determine appropriate implementation plans, and ascertain impact on other system areas when modifications, patches and/or upgrades are required.
• Manage the day to day operations of User Support Services and supervise the team to ensure achievement of departmental objectives and optimal service levels.
• Identify, research and resolve complex technical problems.
• Lead and assist work teams in testing, implementing, and defining business processes for new and existing systems.
• Consult with management to define and coordinate technical and business goals related to User Support Services and develop detailed plans for the accomplishment of these goals.
• Coordinate communications with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
• Manage and evaluate the work of the User support services staff.
• Develop functional designs and business processes for complex problems, often involving several applications or subject areas; design and execute functional tests.
• Maintain subject matter expertise in multiple systems and one or more functional areas and apply this knowledge through participation in project teams; keep abreast of latest tools and techniques relating to area of expertise.
• Administer all project activities to achieve project milestones and objectives; ensuring that projects and/or tasks remain on target, while tracking and reporting issues and progress against project schedule.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts and functional users to define and ensure business needs and requirements are accomplished in a timely manner.
• Assist work teams in the testing, implementation, and maintenance of standard software systems including Banner, ERP related/auxiliary systems, and interfaces.
• Analyze systems, methods, scheduling techniques, technical workflow and computer maintenance procedures for efficiency and timeliness.
• Analyze functional requirements, research and recommend various options and alternatives to achieve business process requirements.
• Document functional and non-functional requirements; develop user cases; execute quality assurance test plans.
• Perform quality checks on completed tasks and deliverables; assess effort required for project tasks.
• Follow ITIL/ITSM standards and enforce departmental procedures and best practices.
• Provide staff training in OWA, MSOffice, SharePoint, and SysAid as required.
• Represent the ITS department in special activities which require technical support and/or presentations as needed.
• Travel to regional campus locations as needed.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
• MCSE, CAPM, CompTIA A+ certification required.
• Minimum of five (5) years direct supervisory experience coordinating the administration of Helpdesk and technical support teams is required.
• Minimum of five (5) years hands-on experience troubleshooting, maintaining and performing computer related repairs and desktop application support using Microsoft Windows and MS Office suite applications required.
• Minimum of two (2) year's work experience within an Active Directory environment utilizing SCCM required.
• Demonstrated thorough working knowledge of network and desktop operating systems; including the ability to troubleshoot hardware and software as it pertains to the network and desktop availability required.
• Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills required.
• Ability to interpret business needs, create and execute complex solutions that may involve several applications required.
• Ability to conduct best practices research and adequately document solutions required.
• Effective communication skills to collaborate with all levels of management required.
• Strong facilitation and project documentation skills with demonstrated ability to motivate a team required.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects required; strong organizational skills required.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to lift a 60 pound parcel from the floor to a desktop height, as needed, is required.
• Valid driver's license required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Supervisory experience in an IT environment within higher education preferred.
• Experience working in a large Microsoft enterprise network environment is preferred.
• Experience working in an Apple enterprise environment preferred.
Work Location Main Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on March 24, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary Grade or Rank III
Salary Range Salary commensurate with relevant work experience
Job Posting Open Date 02/03/2017
Type of Position Administrator
Employment Status Full-Time
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
Community College of Philadelphia Website
HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
* If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A. (Open Ended Question)
* What is the highest level of education you have completed?
High School Diploma / GED
* Do you have MCSE, CAPM, CompTIA A+ certification?
* Do you have ITIL/CompTIA Network + certifications?
* Do you have five (5) years direct supervisory experience coordinating the administration of Helpdesk and technical support teams?
* Do you have supervisory experience in an IT environment within higher education?
* Do you have a minimum of five (5) years hands-on experience troubleshooting, maintaining and performing computer related repairs and desktop application support using Microsoft Windows and MS Office suite applications?
* Do you have a minimum of two (2) years' of work experience within an Active Directory environment utilizing SCCM?
* Do you possess a current, valid driver's license?
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our ...graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.
Back to top
Publishing or acceptance of an advertisement is neither a guarantee nor endorsement of the
Advertiser's product or service. View Advertising Policy.