Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII) for world-class investment management. Federated has grown to become one of the nation's largest investment managers with $366 billion in assets under management.
Federated has honed its disciplined investment process over a half-century to deliver style-consistent investment products, including 123 domestic and international equity, fixed-income and money market funds, as well as a variety of separately managed accounts. Federated's diversified product line is distributed through more than 8,400 financial intermediaries and institutions who assist investors in meeting their unique objectives. For additional information about Federated Investors visit FederatedInvestors.com.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7170
POSITION TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER II
DEPARTMENT: BISD - INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SERVICES
- Bachelor Degree in Computer or Information Science or equivalent experience in an IT environment required.
- PMP certification or demonstrated evidence towards certification preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in Information Technology project management required.
- Experience preferred across Financial Investment Management, including Money Market, Fixed Income, and Equity products.
- Experience managing both software development projects and infrastructure projects preferred.
- Project management experience through the entire project life cycle required; both waterfall methodology and SCRUM methodology preferred.
- Experience with enterprise Project Management tools required; experience with Primavera preferred.
- Manage multiple small-to-medium size projects through the entire project life cycle.
- Act as liaison with vendors, partners and clients.
- Work with the project sponsor during the Initiate/Define phase to achieve a high-level understanding of the project work being requested.
- Obtain Senior Management approval for the work being initiated and prepare and submit scope documents for approval.
- Coordinate, prepare and lead the discussions and meetings to define the work activities and organization of those activities (Work Breakdown Structure meetings). Prepare the project schedule and all required project documentation, including funding and budget , risk analysis, and other documentation as required.
- Execute the project plan on schedule and within budget with effective management of scope, time, quality and cost constraints.
- Communicate status to all stakeholders according to the project communication plan.
- Ensure that the goals and deliverables as described on the project scope document are met.
- Actively manage material changes to the scope and schedule.
- Conduct closing meetings as required with the project team.
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (overtime as required)
- Federated Investors Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Occasional travel to Warrendale office
- Ability to effectively communicate complex, technical material
- Ability to multi-task projects and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills along with excellent presentation and planning skills
- Ability to comprehend global perspective of project's impact to the business
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.