The Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A will partner with and support key internal customers and functional areas by providing financial and operational reporting and analysis. Key responsibilities will include preparing daily, weekly, monthly financial reporting, strategic planning models, budgets, forecasts, gross margin analysis, expense analysis, support for account reconciliations and external CPA firm working papers. This individual will work closely with the CFO, controller and accounting staff to insure all reporting is properly aligned with GAAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan
- Proactively provide timely, insightful, actionable, and accurate operational financial reporting, analysis, and recommendations to key areas in the organization.
- Responsible for day- to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for assigned areas.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance projects as assigned by management
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of departments during the planning processes, ensuring accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and how to apply them.
- Identify non-value added processes within the department and seeks solutions.
- Ensure proper and objective financial considerations are integrated into the decision making process.
- Must have knowledge of and comply with the policies and procedures contained in the Lane Automotive handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Skill & Abilities:
- Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills and financial modeling expertise
- Excellent aptitude and working experience with complex financial systems (ex: Integrated ERP’s, WMS, data warehousing, reporting and analysis systems)
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting
3-5 years of financial reporting/analysis experience
Experience in a high volume distribution/manufacturing environment preferred
Six Sigma/Lean Training certification (e.g. Six Sigma black belt)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The employee is frequently required to reach with arms and hands, stand, twist, bend, walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to work extended time beyond an eight-hour shift/40-hour week including shift rotation and weekends.
Lane Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer