| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of WashU IT-Student Tech Services. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Project Manager (PM) II position’s purpose is to direct and manage project work. The PM is responsible for ensuring that Student Technology Services completes projects and provides services within budget, on schedule and within scope, and manages the project process per the standards and guidelines set forth by Student Affairs and WashU IT Shared Services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Initiation
- Develops project charter, budget and work breakdown structure (WBS) and other required components of the project plan (change management plan, scope management plan, cost management plan, risk management, procurement management plan, stakeholder management plan, communications management plan, quality management plan, human resource management plan)
- Act as the point person for interactions with legal, public affairs and campus partners for level of effort and cost estimation as well as architecture for the evaluation of technology options developed by students.
- Identifies needed resources, negotiates use of those resources, assigns responsibilities and develops timeframes to facilitate successful completion of project activities and deliverables
- Lends expertise to teams and task forces
- Provide technical leadership to team members/resources through coaching and mentorship. Ensure that the team is prioritizing tasks and operating smoothly, escalating issues when necessary.
- Uses methodology to develop plans, assign roles and responsibilities; authors improvements to methodology
- Project Execution – Integration Management
- Manages execution of project plans to support the ongoing needs of the IT department’s customers
- Assigns work to project team and coordinates resources
- Leads and motivates project team to meet specific deadlines while meeting customer satisfaction expectations
- Assure all necessary project deliverables are completed according to specification in the quality plan
- Track actual results to plan and analyze impact to report status: take corrective action
- Manages the stated scope and requirements assuring changes are highlighted, understood and approved by owner
- Assess and mitigate project risks and issues; engages project team to identify and resolve problems
- Relies on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals
- Project Execution - Sponsor and Stakeholder Management
- Create and execute project communication plan.
- Develop and communicate project goals, responsibilities, expectations, risks and feedback with all parties in a timely manner.
- Set and manage customer and stakeholder expectations specific to the project
- Communicate project direction, approach, priorities, events and status to all project resources and business sponsors
- Builds working relationships with team members, vendors and other departments involved in the projects
- Influences decision-making on projects; works with key stakeholders, sponsors and senior management to secure acceptance and approval of deliverables
- Project Execution
- Manages Project Procurements and external service providers within span of control
- Project Execution - Financial Management
- Collaborate with Project owner to develop project budget
- Manage project costs and forecast to budget
- Identify and manage budget risk
- Collaborate with Project Owner to identify and quantify impact of project changes on budget
- Project Closure
- Conducts lessons learned
- Closes out any procurements
- Ensures project papers and metrics are appropriately archived
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant experience includes leading work (or projects) in the IT industry demonstrating technical and/or business expertise; achieving resolution to complex technical or business issues, and providing direction and leadership to a project team.
- Demonstrated skills in project management and analysis, negotiation, systems analysis, leadership and team building, client relationship management, process improvement, strategic planning
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Proven ability to creatively solve problems and to influence outcomes through persuasion, effective communications and relationship building.
- Strong familiarity with project management software such as MS Project
- Demonstrated leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution
- Ability to organize and work effectively in a matrix organization with cross-functional project teams from various departments and locations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- Ability to work extra hours and adjust schedule and recognize the need to do so
- Ability to adjust to changes in priorities and demands on time
- Demonstrated ability to manage environments and leadership using metrics
- Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected
- Broad knowledge and skill in multiple programming languages and paradigms (functional, class-based and prototypal OOP, procedural, event-driven, etc.)
- Advanced database skills including understanding database performance, optimizing queries, designing data models, developing ANSI-standard or vendor-specific SQL, and programmatically generating dynamic SQL. Familiar with common databases such as Oracle, or MS SQL
- Experience working with students in a university environment.
- Excellent visual communication skills to present ideas and information in a multimedia context combined with excellent IT and programming skills
- Must have strong mechanical background in tooling & fixtures
- Experienced in CNC Machining, Lathes , Surface Grinders, Ram/Wire EDM
- Must be proficient in CAD/CAM software
- Must have able to perform CNC Programming, setup & machining
- Must be able to read & interpret 2D & 3D models
- Experience with shop safety protocols
- Experience with teaching and/or mentoring
- Demonstrated experience with emerging technologies
- Prior experience in a IT environment
- Prior experience in a higher education technology environment
- Prior experience in a matrix management structure in which you rely on other leaders for delivery of portions of your service
- PMP certification
- Experience with ITIL framework
- Extensive experience using project management and various systems development methodologies including Agile techniques
- Experience managing project(s) that resulted in providing a new service.
The hiring range for this position is $74,297 - $98,446 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.