Woolpert seeks Project Manager for its Military Design Practice to work in our Dayton, OH location. This position is primarily responsible for project planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting for military design (vertical and horizontal) projects. The position is key in establishing and improving client relationships and growth within the Military Market a client base, and securing repeat opportunities with existing clients.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing project profits/losses.
- Identifying, addressing and resolving any project issues impacting project profitability, goals, objectives and/or client satisfaction.
- Leading multi-discipline project teams of engineers, architects, planners and analysts in identifying facility requirements and programs through the facilitation of stakeholder meetings, charrettes and subject matter expert (SME) interviews as well as the production of design submittals and project execution.
- Preparing for and briefing military members of all ranks and grades regarding project status, performance, milestones, findings and recommendations.
- Analyzing project resource needs and working with Practice Leader/Team Leader to determine budget and appropriate resources for projects.
- Developing a detailed project scope, schedule and labor multiplier (fee).
- Communicating client needs and expectations.
- Negotiating project schedule, fee and scope and assisting Practice Leader with contract terms.
- Conducting project kickoff meeting to finalize and communicate project plans with project team.
- Conducting regular project status update meetings to communicate, address, resolve and anticipate project issues (progress, trends, concerns, etc.).
- Securing new business opportunities and repeat business opportunities for the military design practice and firm by continuously working with existing clients to identify needs.
Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS in a technical discipline (preferably architecture/engineering) and four (4) years’ related experience, MA/MS and two (2) years’ related experience or eight (8) years’ related experience. Previous military service in an engineering, project management and/or facility management role is highly favorable, desired but not required. A current professional registration (registered architect, professional engineer, or similar) or the ability to obtain in the future is preferred. Project Management Certification (PMP) is also preferred. Will also consider candidates in our Dayton, OH location.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WOO1009/JobBoard/97967b39-b3fa-4972-8da3-2af68e0ffa86
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.