Positio n Summary:
Penske Logistics has a dynamic job opportunity for a uniquely qualified candidate to perform a wide range of tasks primarily focused on information systems and technology support, process and inventory control, and other administrative roles. The successful applicant must possess a variety of technical skills as well as the ability to interact with the work group and the operation in a number of related capacities. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a process oriented approach, and a willingness to participate in a multitude of different facets of the operation are a must.
-Communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable, Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire, Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance markers and provide counseling and/or recognition to associates as needed.
-Supervise logistics operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation and procedure control, Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch/warehouse operations. Assist in new associate training, Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or are absent from the shift, Have a thorough working knowledge of the site's operating systems in order to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution, Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
-Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such as inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages, etc, Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability, Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets.
-Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are in alignment with the location safety strategy, Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure safe performance, Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Growth / Customer Experience:
-Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives, Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives, Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts.
-Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of fleet/warehouse equipment, Work with hourly associates to ensure they understand safe and efficient operation of equipment.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
-2 - 4 years related functional experience
-High School Diploma or equivalent required
· 1 years' experience in computer networks or systems maintenance required
· Associates degree or higher in computer science or related technical discipline preferred
· Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
· The ability to problem solve hardware and system issues
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Attention to detail
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
· Preferred candidate will have previous experience in process development,inventory control
· Willingness to perform a multitude of roles in support of the operation
· Serve as the primary point of contact for information systems and technology issues for all employees
· Troubleshoot hardware, network, and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
· Facilitate maintenance, repairs, installation of hardware, network, and software systems
· Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel including training in the varied systems and devices used in the execution of the business
· Maintain documentation of systems and procedures
· Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
· Provides introduction to systems, networks and hardware for new employees
· Set up new employees with appropriate application logins and securities according to policies and established deadlines
Other duties as required to support the operation including inventory control, process development, etc. **.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit** http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Locations: 12200 MIDDLE BELT RD Livonia, MI
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1702271