First Quality Enterprises, Inc. (FQE), founded in 1988, is a global multi-billion dollar privately held company with over 4,200 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, Canada, and China. FQE is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (non-woven fabrics, print and packaging materials, thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. FQE focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, FQE is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer for our First Quality Team. This position is located in King Of Prussia, PA.
This position will support production, equipment installations and innovations to improve production efficiency, quality and capability to manufacture new products. May champion specific projects that are critical to achieving specific department objectives. May supervise directly or indirectly one or more individuals in addition to completing assigned responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supervise, provide training and performance reviews of designated engineering technician associates.
- Participate as a business team member with managers representing the various functional departments. Provide technical support to initiate team decisions affecting manufacturing, product design and equipment selection.
- Accomplish assigned tasks using own discretion and judgment, work with minimal supervision/direction
- Assist plant personnel for the commissioning and validation of new or modified production lines.
- Assist in the preparation and development of the annual operating/capital budget. Monitor project expenditures to control within budget.
- Prepare project costs estimates; establish manpower requirements and timetables for proposed projects.
- Identify and coordinate contract resources for projects, both technical and skilled labor.
- Research, design and develop equipment/equipment modifications to support new product design or productivity improvements. Supervise the construction start up and de-bugging of all production equipment projects.
- Provide operator and maintenance training, including documentation for new equipment along with spare parts recommendations.
- Travel will be required to other FQ sites and equipment vendors.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering with 5+ years’ experience in an Engineering environment, with Supervisory duties.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in the Paper Converting /Absorbent Hygiene Industry or high speed manufacturing would be a plus.
- An understanding and working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Strong interpersonal and cross - functional team skills.
- Excellent problem solving/trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Excellent compensation and benefits, which are effective the first day of employment!
Equal Opportunity Employer