Under general supervision, oversees various system projects of a highly complex nature. Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project. Must be familiar with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Incumbent could possess highly specialized knowledge of a specific technology. Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed. Assists Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
1. Lead teams through project initiation to include project plan, project charter, and stakeholder analysis
2. Develop project communication plan and coordinate communications of project work effort to all levels of project stakeholders across the enterprise
3. Perform project risk management and create risk response strategies and options including escalation, mitigation, and resource fortification
4. Document all plans, processes, procedures, tasks, risks, issues, and lessons learned during the project for standardization and knowledge transfer
5. Monitor all phases of project work for quality and accuracy and compare against scope and schedule baselines making adjustments as necessary
6. Coach, mentor, and cultivate the people skills of project team members to develop trust and enrich their skills and knowledge
7. Provide status updates on all active project efforts to leadership and other project teams
8. Perform other duties assigned
Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience leading projects or the equivalent experience. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques. Must be able to manage one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity. Must have strong meeting facilitation skills. Manage stakeholders to include other project managers, developers, subject-matter experts and analysts. Strong listening and writing skills, good executive presence, verbally articulate, experience tailoring one’s message to the audience. Values communication in all directions: up, out and down. Good understanding of basic IT concepts and current IT trends. Conflict resolution skills facilitating timely decisions when needed.
PMP certified. Experience with using and improving key IT processes such as Change Management and Incident Management. Ability to be successful when faced with incomplete information. Ability to create statements of work, negotiate contracts, and evaluate vendor and contractor resources, and communicate difficult messages with tact.
Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget. Strong problem-solving and risk management skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. ?Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills. Issue isolation and option generation.
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1)Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, major.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Open Until Filled: No