Within Cognizant's IPM Practice Project / Programme Managers are experienced professionals responsible for overseeing a portfolio of projects and program deliverables. They work closely with various technical and non-technical team members; managing and running more complex, enterprise and strategic programs. They are subject matter experts who actively participate in the project stakeholder management, scope definition, contracts review, knowledge transfer and budget management.
As a consequence of securing new logos and ongoing expansion within existing accounts, we are looking to hire experienced Project and Programme Managers who have a background of leading projects within the Banking and / or Financial Services industries.
- Create and manage project plans; monitor and review project progress and timelines; adjust schedules and plans as needed; and identify and resolve issues to ensure project success
- Own and manage relationship with client stakeholders
- Manage day-to-day execution of project implementations. Assist with the planning, tracking, documentation and status updates for the project
- Establish and maintain trusted advisor relationships with client project stakeholders by providing vision and future product roadmap
- Have difficult conversations regarding budget, resources and timeline and formally capture and communicate outcomes of those meetings
- Exercise solid project leadership skills combined with strong business acumen and in-depth analytical skills
- Facilitate requirements gathering and assist with the creation of project deliverables, as needed
- Adopt a development lifecycle methodology for all projects
- Identify opportunities to leverage all BPM technologies
- Facilitate review sessions with the client teams
- Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
Required Skills / Experience:
- Master's / Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and/ or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Several years of implementing enterprise-wide platforms / applications is must
- Demonstrable project leadership skills, with direct responsibility for managing project teams, budget and schedule
- Demonstrated program management skills with large teams
- Demonstrated history of delivering high quality results on schedule and within budget
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; along with strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to weigh business and technical requirements to produce project plans and estimates
- Ability to lead both small and enterprise-wide engagements, facilitate meetings, mentoring teams of junior team members and effectively managing client escalations
- Manage and communicate with remote developers during non-traditional business hours.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
Desired Skills / experience:
- Significant experience with one or more BPM or Integration product such as Pega, IBM, Mulesoft, Tibco, SoftwareAG, Apigee, Appian, OpenText etc.
- Experience is delivering large scale process transformation program
- "Big 5" consulting experience is preferred
- Scrum and Project Management certifications (PMP, Prince2) will be added advantage