MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Manager Enterprise Project Management #32028
Puget Sound Energy’s Enterprise Project and Performance Organization (EP&P) is looking for a Manager Enterprise Project Management to join our team!
The Manager Project Practices will join the newly formed (EP&P) organization which combines three major functions: enterprise project management, organizational change management, and process improvement. The new EP&P organization will have responsibility for establishing PSE’s organizational approach, accountability and performance for these three critical functions. This organization is tasked with the following:
- Grow PSE’s internal capabilities and maturity in project management, organizational change management and process improvement;
- Bring a comprehensive and consistent application of PSE’s approach to these methodologies; and
- Drive transparency and accountability through clear expectations, performance management, rigorous financial practices and standard reporting to improve project benefits realization.
The Manager Enterprise Project Management leads a team of project managers and project controls professionals. The team’s key functions are to:
- Ensure consistent project management practices and standards throughout PSE, including financial practices that ensure project benefits are delivered as planned
- Perform portfolio management for PSE’s portfolio of projects. Evaluate, track, and mitigate cross-project constraints and risks.
- Ensure project execution quality through governance and periodic project assessments
- Implement consistent project manager and project sponsor training and development
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Project Management, Applied sciences, Business, Technology, or closely related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for educational experience.
- 10 years proven experience in varied project settings of large design/construct projects with 5 years in leadership capacity in the field of project management.
- Work experience and familiarity with cost/scheduling software and relevant processes.
- Expert knowledge of project cost scheduling techniques/principles, and working knowledge of construction inspection techniques, project management techniques, configuration and change control processes, and contract administration principles.
- Ability to communicate project management ideas and concepts both orally and in written procedures and plans.
- Experience effectively communicating with technical, professional and management individuals on cost and scheduling matters is essential.
- Experience leading projects in integrating new and evolving ideas and processes across a wide variety of organizations and to work collaboratively with the associated stakeholders.
- Advanced skills and experience using project management systems, accounting interfaces, cost analysis and reporting on large design-construct projects.
- Valid WA drivers’ license required.
- Specific utility experience and experience with accounting interfaces desirable.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.