| Unit Description|
Answer your calling - bring your critical care expertise to Saint Joseph Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit!
Also known as the leading heart hospital in Denver, Saint Joseph Hospital performed over 450 heart surgeries last year and has had a strong TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement) program since 2013. While our 30-bed ICU cares for high-acuity adult patients with a wide range of medical diagnoses, CV is a sizable focus. We are experiencing additional growth in our pulmonary service line, which includes starting an ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) program.
Out of a total of approximately 100 FTEs in our ICU, 40% of our nursing staff is CCRN-certified, which in part has helped contribute to our several recognitions for optimal patient care, including:
- Excellent CAUTI and CLABSI rates compared to national benchmarks
- Three-time Silver Beacon Award recipient from AACN
- Outstanding scores from the Society of Thoracic Surgery in their NQF report for July 2015
Answer your calling by bringing your career and your life to Saint Joseph Hospital. You will make a tremendous difference in the lives of the patients we serve and have a positive impact on your own life through work/life balance, competitive pay, excellent benefits and educational opportunities!
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians’ orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patient’s medical status upon admission and throughout the patient’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Associate's degree in nursing, required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required within 5 years of hire
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in Colorado or compact state, required
- Possess a current BLS and ACLS, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of RN experience in an ICU