Assistant Vice President-Enterprise Application Services.
Requisition Number: STFR003510
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Northeastern University's Information Technology Services (ITS) division is seeking a talented leader to fill the position of Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Enterprise Application Services.
The AVP of Enterprise Application Services will manage a large group consisting of the following disciplines: Applications Development, Data Integration, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Release Management, Business Intelligence/Enterprise Reporting, Application Administration and Database Administration.
The Assistant Vice President of Enterprise Application Services will:
- Lead Northeastern University Information Technology Services Enterprise Application Services department with a focus on fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, accountability and achievement.
- Lead teams to provide value-added services and support for all enterprise applications used across the University including creating, promoting, and enforcing best practice IT applications development methodology.
- Possess a proven track record running a results oriented, metrics driven organization that delivers elegant technology solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Extensively collaborate and partner with VP/CIO, business teams and other institutional leaders to help set the overall direction and strategy for applications and technology decisions that support the University's Long Range and Academic Plan.
- Implement and adhere to sound management principles including but not limited to managing software development, project and financial management, and personnel management, professional development and achievement.
- Ensure institutional resources are used efficiently and thoughtfully to provide maximum benefit to cost and help leadership make the best decisions on new and existing software products.
- Ensure applications architecture is transparent and assist to implement best practices for local enablement, achieving dual goals of supporting local development across the institution, internal and external to ITS, while maintaining a uniform approach to software development along with a secure, private, architecture that ensures data integrity and properly balances and mitigates risk to the institution.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate technologies to support applications development, quality assurance, applications operations and support, business intelligence and project management.
- Deliver software products with training and education for end users along with dedicated support.
- Set direction with staff in the form of architecture education, applications development methodologies, design reviews, code reviews.
As a key member of the ITS Leadership Team and one of three AVP positions reporting into the Vice President and Chief Information Technology Officer, this position will help formulate and assess the strategic direction of the Division.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
The Assistant Vice President will be a consummate professional who embraces a team environment and works with colleagues in a spirit of partnership, transparency, and fiscal responsibility. Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required. Master’s in a technology or business/management related discipline preferred.
- 12 to 15 years professional experience including a significant track record of accomplishment leading and managing people.
- Proven ability to improve efficacy and efficiency of an applications operation while overseeing development of a collaborative, team driven, and accountable culture with experience in IT applications and software design and development.
- Results-oriented leader with the proven ability to deliver in a product ship environment through open and collaborative leadership that fosters partnership and builds trust.
- Possess excellent spoken written and verbal communication skills and carry themselves with professionalism and executive presence.
- Ability to anticipate skills required to run best in class enterprise applications development group and lead organization to acquire skills that will allow us to execute goals
- Ability to translate vision into clear design components with associated task breakdowns and time estimates.
- Familiarity with multi-tier architectures and Internet standards for integration and directory technologies, for example LDAP or AD, authentication/Authorization Integration Protocols, for example SAML, Shibboleth, CAS.
- A mastery of object-oriented and web services design and development methodology.
- Capacity to understand complex issues within the business and recommend, scope, and implement technology solutions delivered on time and on budget.
- Experience responsibly managing a multi-million dollar development budget.
- Strong ability to delegate responsibly and focus on big picture issues of leadership, management, and relationships
- Ability to thrive in rapidly advancing, changing, and delivery-focused environments.
- This individual will have in-depth experience producing web based products, especially Salesforce, relational database management (RDBMS) Oracle, SQL Server, Ellucian Higher ED/Ellucian Banner ERP, Web Application Server experience (Weblogic, Webshere, Tomcat), Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence, Java, XML, Soap, J2EE, HTML, Perl, AIX, Solaris, NT and IT Service Management and Governance frameworks such as ITIL or COBIT.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency