Full time, Regular, Exempt Position
The University of Maine is seeking to fill the position of Data Systems Developer located on the Orono Campus of the University of Maine.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Data Systems Developer (DSD) works closely with all members of the Data, Analytics, & Reporting Technology Services team (DARTS), as well as additional personnel within IT, to develop and maintain reporting archives, views, and calculated fields within reporting databases, and to write and maintain the ETL procedures that feed the UMS data warehouse. The DSD works together with the US:IT Database Administration team to ensure that reporting databases are performing and accurate. The DSD also produces reports and dashboards in consultation with colleagues within DARTS, and contributes to DARTS documentation efforts.
- Design, implement, and maintain reporting archives and views in PeopleSoft
- Write & modify ETL as required to build out data warehouse
- Participate in the development of star schemas & dimensional data models for data warehouse
- Coordinate with DARTS team members to ascertain data modeling and ETL requirements
- Ensure timely update of reporting system tables
- Create and modify SQR reports
- Create and modify UMS data warehouse reports & dashboards
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation related to analytical reporting tools, and the reports and dashboards executed therein, for various groups of end users
Reports to the Director of Institutional Data Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, organizational, critical thinking & quantitative skills
- Outstanding problem identification & problem solving skills
- Achieves results through partnership & collaboration in a team work environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful individual who manages time well and follows through
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills
The salary range is low $40's to $60,000 based on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and tuition waiver programs for employees and dependents. In addition, the UMS retirement program provides a 10% employer contribution. The UMS is a recipient of the Wellness Councils of America’s Well Workplace Award and offers wellness programs.
Review of applications begins immediately. Position open until filled. Materials must be submitted via “Apply For Position.” You will need to create an applicant profile, complete an application (which includes contact information for three professional references), and upload a cover letter and a resume/curriculum vitae which fully describes your qualifications and experiences with specific reference to the required and preferred qualifications. You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status form.
The successful applicant is subject to background screening.
All UMS employees are required to comply with applicable policies and procedures, as well as to complete applicable workplace related screenings, and required employee trainings, such as Information Security, Safety Training, Workplace Violence and Sexual Harassment.
The University of Maine System is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.