JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE:
The primary responsibility of this position is to successfully plan and implement large-scale projects in support of the strategic plans of the bank’s senior management. Functionally, this position will design, coordinate, implement and finalize projects in accordance with the agreed upon specifications, timeframes and budget.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / OBJECTIVES:
* Initiate, plan, execute, monitor and finalize projects by:
* Identifying project team comprised of appropriate representatives from bank’s business, administrative, technology and operations departments as well as third party vendors when applicable;
* Facilitating the definition of the project scope, goals, deliverables, schedule and budget;
* Defining the project tasks and resource requirements;
* Developing detailed project plans;
* Tracking project deliverables, timeframes and budgets;
* Reporti ng project status to all project stakeholders on a periodic basis;
* Documenting and managing all necessary changes to the project plan;
* Providing evaluations and assessments at the conclusion of the project.
* Assist in the development of and continuous improvement to bank standards for the successful execution of projects in all departments;
* Where necessary and appropriate, update job knowledge by participating in relevant educational opportunities;
* Where necessary and appropriate, actively participate in community events and activities involving the bank; and
* Where necessary and appropriate, actively participate in industry or professional organizations considered strategic to the bank’s mission.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Technology, or a related discipline required;
* Project Management Certification such as PMP or CAPM required;
* 4-6 years experience in project management preferably within a banking environment;
* Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) models;
* Demonstrated experience using both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices;
* Knowledge of financial institutions’ business processes, products, and services;
* Ability to independently manage, execute, and prioritize multiple complex projects within required budgets, resource constraints, and deadlines;
* Personal computer skills – particularly Microsoft Office programs – and the demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software/systems. Familiarity with project management software tools preferred;
* Proven ability to build effective teams across all levels of the organization and develop positive working relationships;
* Demonstrated written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
* Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.