Office Residency is Negotiable!
This individual can work in the location of their choice - out of our Erlanger, KY Office; Cincinnati, OH office, or Columbus office.
Are you an energetic and team oriented leader focused on commitment to customers with a dedication to excellence and innovation? Do you have a proven record of leadership excellence and a history of leading teams to consistently exceed goals in a dynamic operational environment? Do you have a proven ability to develop forward looking plans and turn those plans into a successful execution? Do you have a proven ability to effectively manage financial resources?
If the answer to all these questions is Yes - then Penske Logistics is looking for you!
Penske Logistics is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals as a Sr. Operations Manager. This logistics leader will provide direction at multiple locations, leading a staff of Operations Managers and Operations Supervisors who oversee Warehouse Workers and CDL Drivers to ensure customer requirements are achieved while meeting our Penske goals and objectives.
PEOPLE - Lead the Penske Logistics Team:
- Ensure that all manager, supervisors and associates are trained and competent with understanding how their work relates to the customer's business objectives.
- Recruit, train, develop and retain quality associates.
- Establish and sustain effective, two-way communication that informs and motivates as well as recognizes excellence among team members.
- Establish strong and effective relationships with the customer and supporting organizations.
OPERATIONS - Lead the Penske Logistics Team to Achieve Operational Excellence
- Meet or exceed all customer key performance metrics and objectives.
- Interact daily with our local customer to ensure we understand existing and emerging customer needs.
- Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the customer.
- Identify and seize profitable business opportunities for the customer and for Penske Logistics.
- Lead team to identify operational improvements in areas such as route optimization, carrier selection, backhaul, trailer loading, inventory accuracy and warehouse operations.
- Lead efforts to improve fleet/equipment utilization, maintenance availability and fuel efficiency.
- Collaborate with other Penske sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
FINANCE - Lead the Penske Logistics Team to Meet or Exceed Business Plans
- Develop and execute annual financial and operating plans.
- Lead the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets.
- Identifies issues with the operating metrics and P&L along with making required adjustments in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer billings and associate payroll are prepared timely and accurately, the payables and intercompany charges are valid and correct, and all other activities are accurately reflected in the P&L.
SAFETY - Proactively Lead the Penske Logistics Team to Reduce Accidents and Injuries.
- Personally lead team safety programs by example.
- Develop, execute and assess continuous improvement plans to reduce accident and injury frequency.
- Ensure each associate understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group's role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe work place.
- Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
-Minimum of 7 years experience as Operations Manager with overall supply chain - Required
-Minimum of 5 years experience managing multiple operations/locations - Required
-Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management - highly preferred
-Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint - with Advanced or Expert Level skills in Excel and PowerPoint - Required
-Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
-Willingness to travel as necessary (* *estimate at 30% overnight travel for the year plus additional day/location travel *)* , work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 3940 Olympic Blvd Suite 500 Erlanger, KY
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Erlanger
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1607668