Reporting to the IS Director, Business Systems, provides overall leadership in Portfolio and Project Management with in the Information Technology discipline. In this capacity, the incumbent will be responsible for driving multiple (sometimes large and complex) simultaneous IS projects to a successful outcome. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for assisting with several financial aspects within the IS department including, reporting, budgeting and forecasting, contract management & billing.
- Conduct meetings that manage the IS Project Portfolio. Ensure correct prioritization, resource management, budget and timelines are met.
- End to end project management that includes facilitating project meetings, conducting project team meetings and reviews, performing risk analysis, issue escalations, quality assurance, and on-time and on-budget execution.
- Develops appropriate procedures, processes, methodologies, documentation and methodologies to support effective and efficient project management.
- Responsibility for conducting departmental financial reviews, reporting, budget and forecasting, third-party contract management and billing.
- Maintains positive working relationships throughout the Institution and its partner community. Provides infrastructure related information services through contracts or other billable services as requested.
- Train IS team members on Project Management methodology
- Performs other duties as required
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in project and financial management within information technology. Hands on, in-depth experience driving multiple complex technical projects to completion in a team environment is required. Technical training and certification in Project Management, specifically PMP certification is highly desired. Demonstrated experience and skills in the following areas: portfolio management, project management methodologies, SDLC, contract management, and MS Project & Excel. Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and process skills are required. Knowledge of various information technologies is required. A track record of 10+ years of demonstrably successful experience and leadership is required.
Physical duties required for this position include hearing, talking, working around and with others. This position is mostly sedentary in nature.
WHOI is a member of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC). We are sensitive to the issues of dual career candidates and we will work with applicants to address them. Please visit HERC - for more information.
WHOI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans/M/F. We encourage Veterans and those with Disabilities to apply. Applications are reviewed confidentially. Applicants that require accommodation in the job application process are encouraged to contact us at (508) 289-2253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.