Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 96439
The Category Analyst will be responsible for gathering, integrating, and interpreting sources of data that
uncover opportunity gaps and solutions to enhance business performance in their assigned category.
He/she will learn about assigned categories to include a thorough knowledge of products, industry trends
and innovation, and competitive landscape within clinical or non-clinical supply chain for healthcare.
This person is responsible for data analysis and reporting, educating all cross-functional teams on
category trends and opportunities. This includes a thorough understanding of category's product
assortment, pricing and initiatives through supply chain. This position will partner with supply chain
leadership, clinical and non-clinical Category Analysts, Key stakeholder groups, Directors of Strategic
Sourcing and Contracting.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline required.
- MBA, MHA, or masters in a quantitative discipline strongly desired.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Three years of experience in strategic sourcing or category management or healthcare analytics.
- May be supplemented with healthcare supply chain management, operational, administrative, project management roles or advanced educational experiences.
- Two years of experience in sourcing similar goods / services (preferred)
- Experience analyzing healthcare industry trends and conditions to help determine sourcing strategies in alignment with Centura Health and our GPO Technical understanding of the category or categories being managed.
- Ability to analyze large data sets including, financial, clinical, quality, purchasing utilization.
- Strong analytical skills—demonstrated ability in analyzing data, formulating recommendations, and developing presentations
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work independently
- Verbal and written communications skills (e.g. presentations, listening, report writing).
- Good interpersonal skills (tact/diplomacy, persuasion, co-operation) and ability to influence change management through the system
- Strong collaborative client relations skills
- Strong Excel, Access and Database skills are preferred.
- All analysts will need proficiency in MS l, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint Experience with Lawson (ERP) and EPIC (EHR) system strongly preferred
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Organize, prepare, and maintain large, complex datasets for analysis.*
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc analysis and reporting of current utilization of products or services within the system and the specific Interpretation of data to identify and develop trends and their implications.*
- Provide additional/as required category management research and analytics.*
- Provide business trend and program analysis by account.*
- Understand the HPG contracts and local contracting opportunities and work to maximize the cost savings, alignment with corporate sourcing strategies and supply chain initiatives.*
- Help to builds relationships with key stakeholder groups across the organization to understand business requirements and opportunities for the system.*
- Provide organizational leaders and stakeholders the data, presentations, and opportunities drive standardization, improve quality offerings, and partnering for future large purchases within the system.*
- Manage vendor relationships with regular business reviews to maintain a cooperative atmosphere while jointly eliminating inefficiencies and reducing costs.*
- Develop, implement, and monitor KPI's for both supplier and category performance. Define and develop improvement plans as necessary with a resolution strategy for continued partnership.*
- Identify new product offerings in categories and partner with clinical and non-clinical leadership to secure pricing and opportunities if not added to Centura's GPO initially.*
- Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.