Watch television, listen to the radio, surf the web or send a photo from your cell phone and, somewhere, at some point, you will touch a media network designed and engineered by Communications Engineering, Inc.
If you’re looking for an exciting career with a stable and growing high tech company and are ready to apply your skills to the most challenging technical and programmatic issues of today’s exploding broadcast, audio-visual and multi-media landscape, then we want to hear from you!
Communications Engineering, Inc. (CEI)
Headquartered just south of Washington, D.C. in Newington, VA, near the Springfield/Franconia Metro, Communications Engineering Inc. (CEI) is an award-winning, consulting, design and systems Integration Company focused on the broadcast, audio-visual and multi-media industries. CEI also offers support and training services as well as complete field and depot maintenance services. Our customers include a wide range of public and private, small, medium and large commercial businesses, non-profits and government agencies, both domestic and abroad. We are an energetic, highly motivated team, focused on the success of our customer’s projects and the continued growth of our company.
The role of the program manager is to develop and maintain AV, IT, and broadcast system project plans, ensuring projects are completed according to strict deadlines and within budgets. The program manager will work with project engineering managers to ensure the management aspects of projects are defined, organized, and executed according to PMI standards. Areas of responsibility include: communication management, scheduling, scope management, risk management, resource management, performance reporting, and forecasting.
- Provide effective project/program management from project initialization to project closure
- Develop project plans that include scope management, WBS, time phased schedules, resource allocation, risk management, and communication plans.
- Identify resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Administrator project plans, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Work with project engineering managers and subcontractors to ensure project deliverables are made according to schedule, budget, quality level, and client & industry specifications
- Continually monitor project deliverables against set project plan and provide weekly status reports to clients and CEI management
- Comply with and enforce CEI project management policies and procedures
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Document lessons learned and share those lessons with team members
Project Client Management
- Development and execute communication and change order management plans
- Set and manage client expectations while cultivating a collaborative relationship
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify ongoing needs and evaluate solutions
- Manage scope of work (conflict resolution, negotiation, change order process)
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships