Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
The office of the IRT is responsible for the University?s information technology, information security, data integrity, compliance and disaster recovery processes.
The Director will be responsible for the Project Management department within the IRT division. She/he will report directly to the Senior Vice president for IRT. This position works with solution architects/colleagues to negotiate client requirements and match with IRT resources. The director will work to understand client processes and assist the clients to re-configure processes to maximize best practices and efficient use of IRT resources. Develops a customer service environment by fostering relationships with colleagues and project management teams. This position requires knowledge of Higher Education and university functions and will be responsible for the quality of IRT technology projects as well as the development and maintenance of Project Methodology and Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Manage Project Management department. Responsible for directing and overseeing project managers and for coordinating and documenting the project activities of the division of Information Resources & Technology (IRT).
- Participates in the development and implementation of university-wide Information Resources and Technology tactical plans. This includes the post project training and maintenance.
- With input from colleagues/solution architects, directs and plans IRT Communications Plans to educate stakeholders on processes and best practices.
- Trains colleagues and stakeholders on project management and systems processes, as well as best practices.
- Work with IRT colleagues/solution architects to determine short- and long-term requirements and provide management and oversight of all aspects for IRT project management within the division and interdivisional projects.
- Works with project managers to create detailed work plans which identify and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete projects
- Works with project managers and project teams to determine the resources required to complete the project
- Responsible for supervision of all consultants and all planning assigned to ensure the project to ensure it is on schedule and within budget.
- Works with colleagues/solution architects and clients to develop strategies for systems development and support.
- Confers with project teams to provide advice and to resolve issues.
- Interacts with IRT colleagues, Rowan University staff, and stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective deliverables and client satisfaction through service excellence.
- Tracks a broad range of emerging operating methodologies to determine their applicability to the work of IRT and the services it provides.
- Develops and reviews status reports with project teams, modify schedules or plans as required, with appropriate client sign-off.
- Monitors asset management, and performs cost benefit and ROI analysis for every project.
- Works closely with the CIO, and appropriate user management to prepare and administer a budget reflecting approved technology plans/projects; manages to the budget.
- Creates an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of people, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive solutions and resolution of conflicts.
- Leverages techniques to facilitate creative solutions ? encourages cross-functional communication and out-of-the box ideas to bridge development and operations.
- Develops and maintains a valued framework to provide a consistent structure for projects and effective, efficient outcomes.
- Evaluates the project outcomes as established during the planning phase and prepares project debriefing reports
- Fosters a quality service ethic within IRT for service excellence and superior client satisfaction.
- Understands and adheres to Rowan?s compliance standards as they appear in Rowan?s Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Keeps abreast of all federal, state and Rowan regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five (5) years of higher education IT or business IT work experience, with at least three (3) years of experience coordinating multiple, medium to large, cross-functional teams on large scale projects, and reporting to senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Master?s Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, or other related field
- Portfolio of documented project(s)
- ITIL knowledge
- Certification in Project Management, such as Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Advanced technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines, technologies, and processes in support of business objectives of Rowan University
- Ability to apply context and social awareness to support peers and effectively utilize resources to deliver projects
- Demonstrated soft skills essential to effectively coordinate colleagues across the university to achieve project milestones without a formal role of managerial authority ? ability to create a collaborative and engaging project environment that encourages project team members? passions and contributions
- Experienced in client relationship management
- Demonstrated ability in change management, through tracking and documentation to assist management in meeting organizational goals and customer expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively ? collect and deliver high quality data ? so that senior university management can make data-driven decisions
- Extensive interpersonal skills to build and coordinate human, financial, and information resources effectively
PREFERRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ten years of IT and higher education/ business work experience
- ITIL certification
- Six Sigma Tools and Certification minimum green belt
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.