Manager IV - Applications Manager
$58.69 - $74.89/hour; $10,173.00 - $12,981.00/month; $122,070.00 - $155,766.00/year
Application Deadline: Continuous
Under policy direction, the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) Applications Manager plans, develops and implements functions and activities of the eMerge division of the Controller’s Office based on the public and client needs. The City uses the PeopleSoft HCM system to deliver mission-critical programs for human resources, benefits administration, payroll services, absence management, ePerformance, and enterprise learning management. This position operates within a broad policy framework to carry out the functions of the division. The incumbent will lead the functional, change management and administration groups within the eMerge division, while collaborating and partnering closely with the technical group.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls work of the functional team, the change management team and administrative staff supporting the PeopleSoft HCM system involving Human Resources, Benefits Administration, Time and Labor, Absence Management, and Payroll services citywide;
- Manages the division’s work including projects, initiatives and ongoing operational support for the PeopleSoft HCM system;
- Communicates with Controller’s Office Sr. Management, Executive Steering Committee, boards, commissions and major stakeholders by providing regular reports; presents business needs and system requirements and recommendations for policy action or resolution; responds to public information requests and provides reports as requested;
- Develops staffing plans; hires and manages staff; evaluates performance of staff including contractors;
- Provides timely and periodic performance feedback input to the Department’s leadership regarding the division’s performance;
- Collaborates with technical experts to develop business goals and objectives; planning, analyses of functional and technical requirements, ongoing system architecture/infrastructure and planning, consistent with maximum efficiency and best practices;
- Interacts with functional and technical experts to develop fit?gap and requirements analyses, system upgrades and enhancements and ongoing maintenance and support;
- Interacts regularly with Central City Department stakeholders to discuss ongoing system support and implementation issues;
- Manages consultants and vendor contracts;
- Collaborates with technical experts to maintain and test a current contingency plan for the HCM system to prepare for and mitigate systems failure or recovery from disaster.
Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, preferably
with major college coursework in management information systems, computer science, information technology, data processing operations, business administration or a related field; AND
Six (6) years of progressively increasing project management experience. This experience must
include one (1) year of managing large integrated systems which may have included Human Resources and Payroll functions in a complex organization; AND Two (2) years managing and supervising direct report staff and projects.
- One (1) year of Emergency Preparedness, Response and/or Recovery experience in the area of HCM systems or Payroll Operations;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in managing PeopleSoft Human Capital Management applications;
- Project Management Certification or demonstrated experience in project management;
- Experience with hiring and managing staff at the IT project manager and analyst levels;
- Experience with setting performance standards, creating policies and procedures, and managing the work environment for professional level staff;
- Proven knowledge of human resources, benefits administration, and payroll principles, processes and practices and knowledge of modern organization and performance management methods;
- Proven ability to interact skillfully and tactfully with all levels of government officials, customers, employees and the general public;
- Skill at demonstrating the highest levels of organizational leadership and management
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process.
Visit: https://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=0932&R3=070144 to register an account and view this complete job announcement for application submission requirements.