Education and Experience:
A diploma in Engineering or Business or a related field plus five (5) years of experience in planning and building fibre optic networks, and in managing site construction for various scales of projects, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of fibre telecommunications technologies, trends, challenges and best practices
- Advanced knowledge of project management methods, tools and processes
- Advanced knowledge of the work processes and methods, contracts, services, materials, methods, and tools involved in the installation of telecommunications systems.
- Solid knowledge of the Canadian telecommunications industry with emphasis on relevant guidelines and regulations.
- Solid knowledge of the Canadian construction industry, with emphasis on the management of subcontractors and trades.
- Solid oral and written communications skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid leadership skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Solid time management and organizational skills
Work Schedule - 37.5 hours per week
Recruitment Process - An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
How to Apply – Please go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
TransLink is committed to employment equity.