Are you interested in helping grow and scale Treasure Truck, one of Amazon’s newest strategic initiatives? This is not your traditional retail category role with defined tools, processes, and systems. This is a rare opportunity to join the ground floor of a new business focused on surprising and delighting customers in a way never been done before. Treasure Truck is an innovative new retail experience focused on driving awareness, new daily habits, cross shopping, and brand loyalty through physical, rotating experiential vehicles that offer new and existing products to customers. Our biggest driver will be our selection that will span all product categories and this person plays a huge, exciting role owning and driving the business strategy.
We're seeking a Technical Program Manager to be a part of Treasure Truck Supply Chain team. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities also include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Technical Program Manager, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- · High attention to detail
- · Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape