Deputy Head of the Program Management Office
Babcock Canada Inc.
Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at Babcock
Babcock Canada provides critical and complex support to strategically important assets, infrastructure and training programs primarily in the defence and security environments. We are currently engaged in the provision of In-Service Support (ISS) solutions for surface and subsurface marine fleets, including the delivery of comprehensive ISS to Canada’s Victoria Class submarine fleet.
We are a Canadian ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 registered company employing approximately 380 personnel at locations in Halifax, Ottawa, and Victoria. We are trusted to deliver a wide range of services including Program Management, Materiel and Logistic Support, Systems Engineering, Configuration Management and Records Support, Maintenance and Refits, and Information and Knowledge Management.
At Babcock, you’ll experience what it is like to work on and support epic projects:
From managing the deep overhaul of a submarine’s more than 200 complex systems to refitting and upgrading massive, 11,000 tonne arctic icebreakers, to supporting naval and commercial surface vessels. These are just some of the complex projects that Babcock thrives on.
Our parent company, Babcock International Group PLC, is a leading global Engineering Support Services organisation that employs over 34,000 skilled personnel across six continents.
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Head of the Program Management Office (PgMO) based in our Victoria, BC office. This is a full-time permanent position (37.5 hours per week) and will report to the Head of PgMO.
The principal tasks and responsibilities include:
- Continue to assist in the establishment of the PgMO role within the organization and operating model
- Continue to establish and develop the PgMO organization structure, hiring and manage staffing requirements in line with program objectives
- Set annual performance targets for the PgMO
- Provide ongoing motivation, coaching, guidance, feedback and mentoring support to the team
- Manage the workload of the PgMO to help remove obstacles to success
- Oversee and report on the performance of sections within PgMO
- Align PgMO projects and processes with the corporate strategy, providing leadership with visibility of project prioritization process for value and the impact to the organization
- Provide support to the Head of PgMO to ensure delivery of all projects while cost, schedule and scope are delivered to target while not compromising quality
- Ensure the mandate of PgMO is aligned with the business requirements of the company and are satisfied while adhering to the triple constraint across multiple projects
- Drive continuous improvement of the PgMO and set priorities for the individual sections for the future
- Manage the PgMO strategic initiatives to enhance performance within the organization
- Drive development and implementation of the PgMO Management plans and processes while providing feedback and support to each section
- Lead the PgMO in delivering a value added function within projects
- Manage and provide support to the executive leadership team, Head of PgMO and Program/Project Managers in planning, managing and monitoring major projects from concepts through closeout
- Other duties as assigned