Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking an experienced software development Project Manager to join the MSA Corporate Projects group.
The successful candidate will have solid project management experience, must have successfully managed several software development projects and played an active role in the SDLC including: Requirements, Design, Estimating, Development, Change Management and Testing. The successful candidate will lead teams of multi-disciplined personnel to develop and deliver software systems within guidelines for schedule, cost, quality and productivity, including hands-on work with team members and clients to help resolve business and technical issues.
* Manage multiple medium to large scale projects
* Lead in efforts with our clients to understanding their business needs and recommend software solutions
* Applies superior problem solving skills to proactively identify and solve client business and technical issues
* Work closely with various groups of different disciplines to assure client satisfaction
* Provide a technical bridge between MSA and our clients with respect to projects
* Accountable for ensuring the quality and on time delivery of all assigned project initiatives
* Effectively completes detailed project plans by identifying tasks, deliverables, assignments, predecessors, controls, and contingency plans
* Primary point person for the successful completion of the Functional Requirements, Technical Specification, Implementation, and Deployment phases of projects
* Work closely with development and QA teams including assigning tasks, managing work efforts and keeping up to date with progress
* Monitor and report project status and milestone achievements for all phases of a project
* Interact with clients, client service, and internal team members to enhance existing processes
* Strengthen the relationship between the Corporate Projects Group and its clients and internal service partners
* Requires a four-year degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 8 years overall related information technology experience
* Minimum 5 years of software development project management experience
* Experience creating and managing simultaneous projects via project plans and other tools/resources
* Deep understanding of Agile, Waterfall, and other project management approaches and when to use them.
* This is a client-facing position. Experience being solely accountable for the success of a project including managing the client relationship is a must have.
* Superior problem solver
* Excellent communication skills; a proven communicator with all levels of internal and external management both verbally and in writing.
* Experience using Team Foundation Services or an equivalent work management system.
* Proficiency using MS Project, MS Office, and other Project Management tools
* Organized, detail-oriented person, with excellent time management skills
* Experience working in the consumer packaged goods industry a big plus
* PMP certification a plus
* Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
* Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and client organization creating new opportunities.
* Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
* Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the client and organization.
Contact Email: email@example.com