The Project Controls Manager develops and maintains project controls and administrative services processes and procedures for Massport and ensures their execution on all projects. The Project Controls Manager is responsible to ensure appropriate metrics are in place and being met for every project and drives corrective actions necessary for successful completion of projects. In addition, the Project Controls Manager is responsible for the project controls staff including management, work assignments, and staff development.
Essential Tasks of the Job
Ensures the monitoring of key projects and processes for project reviews for all stages of Massport projects, from proposal development, project development, execution, monitor and controlling through closing.
1. Explains variances against monthly progress and resource utilization projections.
2. Oversees cost estimating, cost management, cost control, and cost forecasting functions.
3. Ensures the project controls team on a project is operating according to project and quality management guidelines.
4. Provides monthly updates on project financials, schedule status, issues, and concerns;
5. Keeps project managers informed of emerging issues as they arise.
6. Identifies and assists with change management process on projects.
7. Monitors close out documentation requirements and reviews final cost report and final schedule for close out and benchmarking purposes.
8. Develops and ensures the ongoing success of a high performance team through mentoring and training of subordinate staff.
9. Determines project controls staffing needs. Recruits, hires, develop and motivate team for maximum utilization and profitability.
10. Actively engages in work process improvements, adoption of new technology, standardizing tools, and other related initiatives.
11. Oversees earned value analysis, management and interpretation of scheduling and cost audits.
12. Recommends and oversees the customization of project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
13. Performs risk assessments on various project sizes, types and delivery methods.
14. Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS:
Provide technical expertise and support to project managers on selected projects.
Performs other duties as assigned.